Different brand adapter for Averatec laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

I have an Averatex 3200 series laptop and looking for an AC adapter.
Averatec sells a generic ones listed as "Averatec GENERIC 60W AC
ADAPTER" although for ~$65. There are other brands that sell 60W AC
adapter for cheaper - like Toshiba for $28, but theirs is listed as
"TOSHIBA 60W AC Adapter for Satellite Portege Tecra Notebook...".
Would the Toshiba or any other brand of 60W adapter work in the
Averatec? What's the differences in all of these?
Thanks

As far as I know, the connector and volatege is all that matters. I
have a Dell notebook with a Compaq adapter so...