Computer running anti clockwise

Status
Not open for further replies.

veroniquenerou

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2011
Hello,
My computer(only one year old) is running anti clockwise and after a while runs again clockwise.So it takes time to visit any website.
What can i do to solve this problem?
Thank you in advance for your help.
Veronique :hello:

Solution
Ahhhhh..... The lights are starting to come on here.

Many web browsers (IE, Firefox and Chrome, possibly others as well) use a rotating circle as a visual indication that the web page is busy loading. The circle rotates counter-clockwise and is usually black when loading starts, then changes colour and starts rotating clockwise as the page content starts loading. Methinks this is what dear Veronique is referring to, hence her comment that the black circle is related to webpages taking a long time to load.

How's that for a piece of Holmesian detective work? :)

Branden

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
you're going to better describe your problem. in my head i was envisioning your LCD rotating 90° then back, but i'm gonna go out on a limb and assume that's not it.

ps. it's counter-clockwise

When browser tabs are opening uber slowly, they often have a graphic that shows a circle rotating counter clockwise that later switches to clockwise once the browser is closer to loading successfully.

Opening a new browser tab can be a full 75 MBs worth of RAM up front. 10 Tabs would consume 750 MBs worth of RAM. 40 Tabs would require 3GBs worth of RAM. Sometimes even more.

If he is trying to open up a browser with some hideous number of tabs at once, especially if it is a poor browser (Safari on Windows, for instance) he could be starting at counterclockwise animations for a LONG time.

That was my first thought when I read the post.

Reinstalling Windows to clean out a lot of crap in the OS could help, so could defragging, or increasing the page file size or all of the above.

Buying a new computer could help a lot too, if the OP has an old core.

- Edit -

Firefox has memory leak issues which means that sometimes memory used by the browser that is supposed to be given back to windows later actually never is freed up and given back to windows, which means Firefox gets slower and slower and slower without stopping until it is forced to give it up by, say, restarting the PC. This could have something to do with it if you use Firefox, but this tends to matter more the longer a computer has been on rather than right when it comes on.

Also, if you are just starting the computer and jumping right into the browser, Windows could still be loading parts of the subsystem or doing routine things like Anti Virus checks on the RAM or other such things. Stuff like the AMD Control Center can take some time to load once windows is started. If you try to load browsers too quickly after system start, it could still be loading these sorts of things and push the browser opening off until last.

Chrome is a fast browser that releases memory back to the OS the fastest out of all browsers, you might try using that instead if you can.

- End Edit -

veroniquenerou

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2011

Hello,well i will do my best to be" more specific'' as you said.
When my computer start running ( the blue circle upper left running clockwise which indicate your computer works properly) ,instead of blue it is black and runs counter-clockwise then comes back to normal.
What can i do to have it running clockwise from the beginning?
Thank you for your help.
Veronique :hello:

veroniquenerou

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2011

Well perhaps it comes from my own french english translation,even though i don't find a solution to this issue at least i improve my english!
Thank yoy.
Veronique

Ahhhhh..... The lights are starting to come on here.

Many web browsers (IE, Firefox and Chrome, possibly others as well) use a rotating circle as a visual indication that the web page is busy loading. The circle rotates counter-clockwise and is usually black when loading starts, then changes colour and starts rotating clockwise as the page content starts loading. Methinks this is what dear Veronique is referring to, hence her comment that the black circle is related to webpages taking a long time to load.

How's that for a piece of Holmesian detective work? :)

Solution

Hello veroniquenerou,

I see, it is quite normal to see that for up to 2-8sec, if the website is slow to load and/or if u have a slow internet connection, it may take a while.

BTW, is it on all the pages?

How is the https://www.google.com/webhp?hl=en ? Is it almost instant load?

Thanks to @ Herr_Koos the mystery is identified : )

I completely missed that Raiddinn's post : ) Right there it is ....

Thanx for pointing that out Herr_Koos!

It is cool. The OP didn't read my response either, apparently.

I have this post jam packed with useful information and it is read neither by the OP nor any of the other thread participants.

That is how it goes, I guess. Nobody ever accused me of having brevity flowing in my veins.

It happens.. You pour your guts out and no-one pays attention!

The reason I skipped over yours was that the posters after you were still confused, so I (incorrectly) assumed you hadn't found the answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.