Can ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Gen3 MOBO be set to triple channel?

Hello,
I bought the ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Gen3 board. My question is in regards to the RAM/DIMM setup. I had a coworker convince me that running 3 chips of RAM is the best setup on any MOBO when I made my purchases, so I have 3 CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB DDR3 1600 chips currently in my possession.
Am I better off returning the 3 8Gb chips and getting 4 4Gb chips, or is there any way of actually getting that board to run in a triple channel manner?
4 answers Last reply
More about asus p8z68 gen3 mobo triple channel
  1. No. The board supports dual channel mode if the ram is in pairs in the correct color coded slots.
  2. Mate just return the 8Gb's you currently hold & replace them with another Kit from Corsair Vengeance (2 X 4Gb) = 8Gb's in total get them 1600MHz / Dual Channel / 1.5v focus on the 1.5v since all Sandy-Bridge Processor Chips will be damaged on anything above 1.5v.
  3. tarek0 said:
    Mate just return the 8Gb's you currently hold & replace them with another Kit from Corsair Vengeance (2 X 4Gb) = 8Gb's in total get them 1600MHz / Dual Channel / 1.5v focus on the 1.5v since all Sandy-Bridge Processor Chips will be damaged on anything above 1.5v.

Done, and done. Thanks.
  4. tarek0 said:
    Mate just return the 8Gb's you currently hold & replace them with another Kit from Corsair Vengeance (2 X 4Gb) = 8Gb's in total get them 1600MHz / Dual Channel / 1.5v focus on the 1.5v since all Sandy-Bridge Processor Chips will be damaged on anything above 1.5v.

so would buying lower voltage memory make sense?
Ask a new question

Read More

Asus RAM Triple Channel Motherboards