Help Needed! [Urgent]

carnore

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Hey guys, I'm not sure if you read my thread on tuesday about the rig i needed advice purchasing, well i have the parts sitting infront of me. But i can NOT for the life of me figure out where the case connectors go, i'm completley overwhelmed by the connectors and the PSU connectors, i have absolutly no idea where any of these go and i'm going crazy! I've been following the guide to building a PC on this website to the letter, my MOBO manual, case manual and various other sites and i can't figure out where to put things, and i really dont want to fry anything by reversing the ground. So if i could please get someone, on a chat client or something, to give me some personalized help i would GREATLY appreciate it!

MoBo is an ASRock 870 extreme3, case is NZXT Lexa S.

carnore

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Ok guys, I believe i've figured out all of the front panel switches, the only other things i'm baffled about are the fans. I have 4 fans, each with a small 3 pin connector, and 1 large 4 pin male connector, and a large 4 pin female connector. i know that the small 3 pin goes into the chassis fan control, but what do i do with the male / female ends? Also their are 4 small 2 pin connectors, labeled 1 1 2 2. i'm not sure what these do either :(

cmichael138

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2008
Not sure I understand your question, but some case fans come with both a3 pin connector and a 4 pin molex connector. If you MB only supports one or 2 of the 3 pin connectors, use the 4 pin molex connectors for the rest of them. The fans don't need both the 3 and 4 pin connectors hooked up.

You can use molex 4pin connectors directly from the PSU and not use the MB fan headers.
Or you can use the 3pin for the MB fan headers.

male / female ends = Daisy Chain. In case you want to use more than one fan on the same fan header or power lead.

Not needed? Tape or zip-tie out of the way.

images