Ship battles

Our host only recently upgraded from about 184. We have now had 2
turns with the new combat, and I'm finding it less realistic than the
old.

My main problem is that I'm fighting the Stormers (I'm the birds).

I set my ships to strikethrough because I basically want to charge him
and stay as close to him as possible.

This never happens???? The first 50 tics or so the ships float slowly
towards the planet and nothing is happening. Then he hits me with a
couple of torps and then we end up spiralling around the map until one
of us dies.

Tactics are useless.
4 answers Last reply
More about ship battles

    I've just had an email from the player who is playing the stormers. He
    too is finding the combat a bit weird. Is this just us, or was it so
    bad once upon a time that no one else is noticing?

    Yes VCR combat changed a host or 2 ago, I think when fighter logic got
    changed.

    Now u seem to spiral around getting shot at mainly by LONG DISTANCE
    WEAPONS and the occasional close encounter...as do the fighters.
    Your fleets break up big time and can get destroyed piece meal ..but so
    can theirs...:)

    I found turning off the delay to second wave is beneficial.
    But only slightly.

    Cheers.
    Emperor Leeroy.

    Mantzikert wrote:
    > I've just had an email from the player who is playing the stormers.
    He
    > too is finding the combat a bit weird. Is this just us, or was it so
    > bad once upon a time that no one else is noticing?

    Ya, ship combat is more messed up now as it was before.

    Mantzikert wrote:
    > I've just had an email from the player who is playing the stormers. He
    > too is finding the combat a bit weird. Is this just us, or was it so
    > bad once upon a time that no one else is noticing?

    Others find it "buggy" too. Look at the thread "Combat Bugs" started
    from Ralph Hoening at the 30.03.2005 16:50 in this group.

    Bye-Bye JoSch.

Games Video Games