Jan 7, 2012
Spec
====

Motherboard: Intel DPW55B
Memory: Currently 8GB DD3
CPU: Intel I5 (Quad Core)
Graphics: Ati 5770 1GB

Hey all,

Is there a way to reset your memory channels?

i currently have installed 8GB DDR3 (Buffalo & Kingston), recently i felt the need to A) up that a little and B) uniform my ram, i bought some Corsair XMS 3 16GB (4x4) and went i went to install this in my PC i got 3 bios beeps, i checked the manufacture website prior to the purchase and i can hold 16gb max on my mobo. i tried just with 4GB and then 8 same issue. i then tried 1 stick different channels and so on still no joy, just to make sure the memory wasn't faulty i let one of my friend take it away and he has it installed on his Asus mobo (grrr). i went on the mobo website again and the only relevant thing i could find is that corsair had not been tested so i looked at the tested modules and ordered 8GB of Kingston. when i bough the mobo originally i used 1 channel only with 4GB buffalo i then purchased Kingston and took it to 8 no issues the new ram i have ordered is identical to the Kingston i bough from the start i have checked the ram modules yes its ddr3 non unbuffered cl9 1333mhz etc and everything is a perfect match so why do i still get the bios beeps i have done the basics of re seating and the ram proves not to be faulty. also my channels appear to work fine as I've mode the modules around. its almost as if i have inserted the ram when it was first bough and it wants nothing else despite the modules being of identical spec and recently identical to the ram that is currently working inside. sorry for long post just thought id explain what I've tried

yes the memory is compatible and yes i grounded myself, the only thing i haven't tried is clearing the CMOS cache by taking out the lithium battery not sure that would work.

any ideas would be greatly appreciated

bluesman1986

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2012
yea sure they are all 1.5V and the link above has the model numbers i have inside Kingston KVR1333D3N9 and waiting to go in is KVR1333D3N9 so my mobo aint accepted the KVR1333D3N9 or the corsair xms 3