CB II

Last response: in Video Games
April 4, 2005 2:25:22 PM

Step 0

Leave the current system of crime effects and sell limitations. Cut the
prices to integers.

Step I

Introduce rules which lead to real demands on buying, holding and consuming
CB.
Examples are given in the last thread (i.e. add on features and/or making
hostile sells more effectiv)

Step II

Implement a bounded double auction system. That means here limited buy and
sell orders can be given. A sell order with limit zero stands for an
unlimited sell order and a buy with a sufficient high value for an
unlimited. Set an upper bound of 1000 for the posibble price and limits.

Price building is performed with following rules:

(i) Principle of price at highest trading volume

Calculate the price for each type at which the highest sum of kT can change
owner ship (often in real life systems the highest order volume is taken but
then abuse with extreme limits are possible when the order limits become the
equilibrium price itself). This price is called equilibrium price (EP)

(ii) Principle of continuity

If there are more than one possible EP then the price closest to the last
turn price is taken. This can be extended in a way that EPs are considered
as equal if they are separeted by a percentage gap smaller than for example
1%

(iii) Principle of execution order

At first all buy orders higher limited than the EP and all sell orders lower
limited than the EP are executed.
At second all orders limited exactly to the EP are executed as possible.

Step III

Add virtual agents (VAs) which give limited buy and sell orders to stabilize
the market, add a random behavior and ensure sufficient liquidity.

The the orders of the VAs follow these rules:

(i)

The total amount of kT per type per turn is equal to the rounded value of
1/12 * AllColonists except Borg / 1000. Call it TA (of course one can choose
othe values for TA to control the liquidity)

(ii)

The orders of the VAs are generated as follows:

Take the last price and call it LP. Take the current mean price without the random factor, call it MP.
Let the dice decide if the agents shall give their orders arround LP or some suited function of
LP and MP, for example SQR(LP*MP) or [(LP^0.5+MP^0.5)/2]^0.5

Now create randomly 100 buy and 100 sell oders each of volume of TA:

Randomize
For i=1 To 100
abuys(i,1)=AMP* (1+(0.5-RND))
abuys(i,2)=RND
abuys=buys+buys(i,2)
asells(i,1)=AMP*(1+(0.5-RND))
' Here the agents set limits in a +-50% range. This of course can be tuned
down to control the volatility. And also
' other statistics then uniform distribution are thinkable.
asells(i,2)=RND
asells=asells+asells(i,2)

Next i
For i=1 To 100
abuys(i,2)=abuys(i,2)/buys*TA
asells(i,2)=asells(i,2)/sells*TA
' This was for renormalizing the agent's order volumes to TA
next i

sells(i,1), buys(i,1) contains the limits and sells(i,2), buys(i,2) the
amounts

Step IV

Now put the agent's and the player's orders together, calculate the EP and
execute the orders:

Assume all player's and agent's orders now are in the fields buys(1 To N,1
To 2) sells(1 To M,1 To 2)

EP=0
Volume=0
For EPTest=0 to 1000
For i=1 to N
sells=sells+IIF(sells(i,1)<=EP,sells(i,2),0)
next i
for i=1 to M
buys=buys+IIF(buys(i,1)>=EP,buys(i,2),0)
next i
If Min(sells,buys)>Volume then
Volume=Min(sells,buys)
EP=EPTest
end if
Next EPTest
Volumebuy=Volume
Volumesell=Volume

So we have the new price EP.

Now host uses the field where the base adresses for the bases with given
orders are stored and randomly browses thru the bases, checks if the set
limits fit to EP. If yes then the order is executed and
Volumebuy=Volumebuy-buy and Volumesell=Volumesell-sell until both are zero.

So what is needed is

(a) Adding limit input fields to the client maybe with a spin button that
stops at zero and 1000 to the cb overview screen. An additional button which indicates wether unexecuted orders should be used
for next turns or would be meaningful.

(b) Adding twelve limits to the base object
(c) Remember the bases which gave sells and buys and store the amounts into
a field ( for example: playerbuyorders(limit: 1 To 1000)=sum of all buy
orders at limit index.) and remember the lowest and highest limit for
avoiding to unneccesary work.
(d) Do the agent routines and the double auction subs and execute the orders
and clear orders which were not to executed generate the base log entries.
(e) Add features for demands on CB:

Illegal books - gc tax=gc tax * (1+ 0.3* Min(1;amount*1000/colonists)) but
not for UA and 1M col use up 50 kT

VR-6x Holochips - starting expirience of ships= +
Min(100;amount/(10*SQR(crew+mass))) but not for Priv and the exp gain amount
for each ship uses up the same amount of cb

Stim-Bright Pills - increases native (up to 4% total) and colonists (up to
7,5% total) growth - 1M col/nat use up 50 kT

Grecken Blood Wine - makes bovinoids and avians drunken and gives them a
supply/mc boost *(1+ 0.3* Min(1;amount*1000/nat)) 1M nat use up 50 kT -

Emotion Chips - let bots and borgs works in camp and mines - 100k use up 50
kT - not for EE

Handguns - increases ground combat combat - * (1+ 0.3*
Min(1;100*amount/troops)) only troops - not for Liz

Illegal Music CDs - increases happiness of colonists and natives
+10*Min(1;amount*1000/pop) - 1M pop use up 50 kT
Kerria Crystal Artifacts - gathering gipsodal, bot hg training

Lerchin Spices - gathering amorhpous, used up by Lizard for growth:

Lizards consume Lirchin Spieces at the rate of 1 unit of Spieces
per 10K colonists. This results in 5X growth rate for the affected
persons but no taxes produced. Each unit of spiece eaten also reduces
city tax income by 10%, up to 10 units resulting in no city tax income.

Alpha Wave Floggers - increases the starting skill of ships -+
Min(100;amount/(10*SQR(crew+mass))) but not for Priv and the exp gain amount
for each ship uses up the same amount of cb

Vaggen War Hounds - reduces labour camp rioting, fighting against cups,bugs
and amorphous and crime - with a chance of 50%*Min(1;100*amount/prisoner)
any rioting is supressed. -100*Min(1;amount/crime) crime and the reduction
is used up as cb, amount*500 prevent chups,bugs and amorphs from doing nasty
things, 100k nat use up 50 kT

Repterrian Psi - Geese - gathering reptilians and increase their mining
rate - + 50%*Min(1;amount*1000/nat) joining chance and rate and mining
rate - 100k nat use up 50 kT - not for Rebel

GFM GToeroe

More about : question

Anonymous
April 4, 2005 2:25:23 PM

Or how about as Step 0: Round down all prices to the nearest int when
selling and round up all prices to the nearest int when buying.
(Tranascation costs)

As for the indivudal ype of contraband modifers and powers, I had to
double check the timestamp to make sure it wasn't the 1st.
Anonymous
April 4, 2005 10:50:17 PM

<joncnunn@yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:1112628204.917231.192160@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...

> Or how about as Step 0: Round down all prices to the nearest int when
> selling and round up all prices to the nearest int when buying.
> (Tranascation costs)

It was to write down the price finding algorith more easily.

> As for the indivudal ype of contraband modifers and powers, I had to
> double check the timestamp to make sure it wasn't the 1st.

Nicely spoken. Yes, it was shot noise due to lack of time. I know you can make it better as you are more game experienced. How do
your suggestions look like?

GFM GToeroe
April 5, 2005 5:40:47 PM

Additional contraband rules with affinatry to counterband:

1. Random chance that buying and selling contraband your race likes
will result in some of it being stolen by your colonists. The more your
citizens like the goods the more likely this is to occur. The happier
your citizens are, the less likely this is to occur.

2. Random chance that storing contrand your race has affintary for will
cause ill effects such as partual to total income loss that turn. The
more your citizens have affintry for that contraband, the more likely
it is to occur. The happier your citizens are the less likely this is
to occur.

Special race contraband rule:
The 5X growth for Lirchin Spieces was part of an April Fools joke.
The serious version is
Lizards consume Lirchin Spieces at the rate of 1 unit of Spieces
per 10K colonists. This results in 2X growth rate if there is enough
adviable for all of them, but also no tax income nor city income.

I like the Emotion chip idea at the ratio of 100 emotion chip unit is
enough to work one labor camp full of 100 cyborg / robots for one turn.
Emotion chips used up.

I'd drop the other ideas for contra types entirely.
Anonymous
April 6, 2005 9:11:29 PM

<joncnunn@yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:1112733647.776857.306870@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com...
> Additional contraband rules with affinatry to counterband:
>
> 1. Random chance that buying and selling contraband your race likes
> will result in some of it being stolen by your colonists. The more your
> citizens like the goods the more likely this is to occur. The happier
> your citizens are, the less likely this is to occur.
>
> 2. Random chance that storing contrand your race has affintary for will
> cause ill effects such as partual to total income loss that turn. The
> more your citizens have affintry for that contraband, the more likely
> it is to occur. The happier your citizens are the less likely this is
> to occur.
>
> Special race contraband rule:
> The 5X growth for Lirchin Spieces was part of an April Fools joke.
> The serious version is
> Lizards consume Lirchin Spieces at the rate of 1 unit of Spieces
> per 10K colonists. This results in 2X growth rate if there is enough
> adviable for all of them, but also no tax income nor city income.
>
> I like the Emotion chip idea at the ratio of 100 emotion chip unit is
> enough to work one labor camp full of 100 cyborg / robots for one turn.
> Emotion chips used up.
>
> I'd drop the other ideas for contra types entirely.
Why not having extra use for all, assume the underlying price building system is change to a double auction with additional
virtual agents?

GFM GToeroe

Anonymous
April 7, 2005 11:56:00 AM

>> I'd drop the other ideas for contra types entirely.
> Why not having extra use for all, assume the underlying price building
> system is change to a double auction with additional
> virtual agents?

For races that cannot buy contra (Borg). Simply a balance thing I think.

Greetings
Sebastian
Anonymous
April 7, 2005 2:15:30 PM

"Sebastian" <Sebastian@nospam.nospam> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:3bk0g0F6igdmsU1@news.dfncis.de...

> >> I'd drop the other ideas for contra types entirely.
> > Why not having extra use for all, assume the underlying price building
> > system is change to a double auction with additional
> > virtual agents?
>
> For races that cannot buy contra (Borg). Simply a balance thing I think.

Well then give them a compensation: Can assimilate chupanoids or the SQR output of mines start at 201 mines.

GFM GToeroe
Anonymous
April 11, 2005 11:23:19 AM

Actually Borg can settle bases on planets full of Chups with no
problems.

Chups chance of joining a Borg base is 0%.

Public Space Port excluded. But the Borg can't build PSPs and can only
get them by capturing.

So exploding Chups pods in Borg space doesn't work well. (They escade
to planets not bases) Instead you should donate them directly by
sending the native pod with orders to land on the Borg's base and not
the planet.

Would be praticulary good to do that on a Borg base which has had a
captured PSP in a Chup zone. (In that case you might want to turn off
any PSPs you have near the Borg's PSP, natives seem to hate being in
Borg bases.)
April 12, 2005 2:01:17 AM

Unholy mother of all that is chuplike, being able to assimilate chups is
a hell of a weapon to remove from player arsenal.... I was on the
recieing end of bases overloaded with chups via pods (was only in
shareware tech then though).

!