Ali_01

Distinguished
May 3, 2011
Hello,

I have an Antec Kuhler 620 and an Asus p8p67 Pro Motherboard. I have hooked up everything but the fan does not work. No spin at all. The other fans in my case work just fine, but the Antec is a no go.

I see that the fans all have four pin connectors, but the Antec only has three. So, being a rookie at this I hooked it up to the motherboard at the "top" where it says cpu fan. I see a four pin connection next to the spot I used ,but i did not know which pin to leave off so I used the black three pin.

The system turns on fine but the BIOS says there is a cpu fan problem. So I have not installed the OS yet.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Solution
You have the wrong 3-pin plugged incorrectly (wrong pin left off). I would switch to the other open pin to see if it works. You are getting an error because it isn't detecting the fan connected to the CPU_Fan slot.

tecmo34

Administrator
You have the wrong 3-pin plugged incorrectly (wrong pin left off). I would switch to the other open pin to see if it works. You are getting an error because it isn't detecting the fan connected to the CPU_Fan slot.

Solution

Ali_01

Distinguished
May 3, 2011

Thanks

You were right. Switched the wire and now the fan works.