king2163

Distinguished
May 4, 2011
Hi,

I have bought edifier s550. i have currently creative audigy value sound card. Should I upgrade the sound card to asus xonar dx to get max performance from s550 or current audigy is ok for me.

if dx increases the performance than please tell me how much?

mostly i would like to watch movie on my pc and some time listening music.

Thanks in advance.

you will get more range if you upgrade the soundcard. especially if you got to the £/$100+ range.

the audioligy value is actually no better and in some cases worse than onboard sound (especially if you have a high end motherboard)...
so yeah if you want the best from your speaker system feel frre to knock the dust off your wallet...

^^ Titanium is an "ok" card, but looses in overall quality to much cheaper cards like the ASUS D1/DX and HT Omega Striker. And with cards like the Auzentech Meridian 2G and Auzentech Forte in the same price range, I don't consider the Titanium a smart purchase.

And thats before I factor in Creatives long-running driver issues...

king2163

Distinguished
May 4, 2011
I have just bought Asus xonar dx for my 5.1 channel speakers. When I tried Dolby Prologic II for movies or mp3, I didn't hear any difference in sound of front and back speakers.

I have tried almost all settings. I have windows XP. I also don't see any audio channel selection in xonar control panel.

Can i get dolby prologic II in my Ubuntu operating system.