My 6850 not able to run wow ultra settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adamm07x

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2010
My build is unable to run wow on ultra settings. I was shocked when it recomeneded mostly good, instead of at least high.

I am able to play on high with good FPS, but with ultra i go as low as 23 in high raid situations.

Monitor resolution is 1920 x 1080
Setup
i5 760
8gb ddr3 1600mhz
asus p7p55d-e Pro
Sapphire hd 6850 Oc'd to 840 mhz gpu and 1190 memory.

Solution
It's because you have to go into the afterburner text in the program files file then change the ATIUnofficialoverclocking to 1 then you can up it... If you look at all the reviews for the 6850, you see that all of them who reviewed OC (like Techpowerup) said they used MSI Afterburner and got it to 1000 core clock. So... Yeah..

Adamm07x

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2010

what i mean by good is wow's video options has a predefined series of options such as low, medium, good, high, ultra In order from least intensive to more intensive respectively.

most games will offer suggestion for each column of video options, about 1/2 mine are recomended to good and some to high.

Get MSI Afterburner. Allows you to fan tweak and adjust the clocks. Remember though, don't push the bars all the way up just instantly. That's not how OCing works. Incrementally work your clocks up. Then test stability. Push your bars up to 900/1200 and see how it fares in MSI Kombustor. (If you have little squares [Artifacts] then your not stable) I recommend at least 60-70% fan speed when testing out. You may need to up voltage.

http://event.msi.com/vga/afterburner/

It's because you have to go into the afterburner text in the program files file then change the ATIUnofficialoverclocking to 1 then you can up it... If you look at all the reviews for the 6850, you see that all of them who reviewed OC (like Techpowerup) said they used MSI Afterburner and got it to 1000 core clock. So... Yeah..

Solution

notty22

Distinguished
You had 850/1200 running with no voltage added.
I would not jump right up to 900/1250, but you did.
Imo those artifacts came from the memory adjustment. The voltage does NOT effect memory voltage. Only core voltage.
So don't add voltage yet.
Just up you o/c to 875/1200 , then 900/1200
Without voltage and test. Then do some reading of reviews of 6850's at Techpowerup and other places and see what they get for o/c without voltage.

Status
Not open for further replies.