I just set up a new build, and video playback ONLY is very low quality. DVD, avi, mkv, Youtube are all effected. Video of any kind is blocky w/ occasional tearing.
Games and images display flawlessly. Vantagemark and Bioshock look perfect. No problems otherwise.
- Installed Catalyst 10.10e hotfix (latest recommended for my card)
- Updated directx, flash, all windows updates
- Played in WMP 12, noticed the issue
- Installed ffdshow, MPC home cinema
- Tried every output filter in MPC
- Tried toggling internal filter options
- Intalled VLC
- Tried every output option in VLC
- Uninstalled Catalyst, driver sweeper in Safe Mode, reinstalled 10.10e
- Tried another monitor
- Tried hooking laptop (XP installed) to current monitor (no display issues w/ same files)
- Tried switching HDMI cable
- Tried DVI cable
- Reseated video card
- Clean install of Windows 7, installed 10.10e drivers again
- Installed Shark007 codec pack, set to recommended settings
And it persists. I have no idea what to do, aside from trying to RMA the card. I don't have much confidence in that though, since games display perfectly, along with everything aside from video.
I also don't have much hope for Catalyst 10.12, since I don't see much evidence of this problem on Google.
Apparently this was a reasonably common problem on Windows 7 (per google) in early to mid '09, but not since then.
Should I return the card, or what?? Wait for new drivers? Help!!!
Any help is appreciated!
Hello and welcome to the forums
Although Catalyst 10.12 drivers may not help but its worth a try;however,do a clean install of this driver,here is how
1_Download and install "Driver sweeper" from Guru3d.com and install
2_Go to add/remove programs and uninstall the driver and reboot
3_Boot to safe mode and open driver sweeper,then click on "ATI" and then click on clean
4_Reboot and boot normally to windows and install the new drivers after that you need to restart,and its done