First First Liquid Cooling Build!

Tags:
  • Antec
  • Water Cooling
  • Build
  • Components
Last response: in Components
May 4, 2011 5:06:56 PM

As I am nearing my completion of my first build, I am at the stage of installing some liquid cooling for 1x CPU and 3xGPU setup. Below is a list of items I plan on installing. My question what else if anything do you see I need to add to this list?

Plastic Snap Tubing Clamps
An easy to use adjustable plastic hose clamp for use with our tubing.

10 ft -Tygon 3603 Tubing
The highest quality, most reliable tubing on the market.

Fill Syringe
A simple and easy way to fill your system.

Delrin Tee Fitting
This is the special machined inline Tee.

Tubing Plugs
This is the easy way to plug a system T-line or to plug tubing when changing components out.

Black Ice GTX480
The Black Ice GTX480 is the larges radiator to date.

DD12V-D5 Pump Fixed Speed by Laing
The DD12V-D5 is a 12Volt pump with near silent operation.

ATX Power Supply Bypass Adapter
Use this bypass plug to power on a pump while leaving the rest of the PC components unplugged. It will provide 12V power.

Feser One - RED - Coolant
The Feser One non-conductive cooling fluid is the ideal coolant for heat transfer and visibility! Feser One is non-conductive, contains corrosion inhibitor.

Reservoir
This reservoir can be mounted on fan locations or the radiator itself.

MPC-CPU Block for LGA 1155, i7
The MPC-CPU waterblock utilizes the multiple pin design to provide optimum performance to the Multi-Core and Multi-Die.

DD-GTX580 Black Chrome Top and Copper Base GTX-580
This is an amazing black chrome finish for the top and a contrasting copper base. Cooling the GTX-580 graphic card tri-sli setup.

G1/4 Temperature Sensor - Nickel
This is a special plug fitting that can be used to measure the temperature of your water cooling loop. 1/4" threaded port

ADDED INFORMATION -

Motherboard type: Maximus iv extreme!
CPU Type: i7 2600k
GPU Type: 3X EVEA Geforce GTX 580
Ram Type: 16GB's Dominator-GT

More about : first liquid cooling build

May 4, 2011 7:59:33 PM

Fans (X 4) and maybe a fan controller?
Score
May 4, 2011 9:23:48 PM

Running about 6 - 120mm fans, two of which I will attach to the radiator as in inlet and outlet air flow! I am installing an LCD POSTER as an fan controller and temperture monitor!
Score
Related resources
May 4, 2011 10:10:51 PM

Sounds to me like your ready to have a great time! I put water in my case and never looked back. Test the heck outta those fittings/connections for 24 hours BEFORE powering up the Mobo. Good luck! Also rinse the heck outta the rads interior with boiling water before installing in the case.
Score
May 5, 2011 12:30:39 AM

Installing non-conductive cooling fluid code name distill water. BigDav I have a question: I want to know what fittings to use connecting to the GTX580 VGA Full Card Liquid Cooling Block and what fittings for the GTX-580 graphic card tri-sli setup since they will be stack up one right on top of the other? Also to the radiator, in other words looking at the above items the only thing I seem to be missing is all the fittings and tube size. If I could get a kit with all the fittings and the tube size as a kit that would be cool!
Score
May 5, 2011 1:20:22 AM

HAWK_60 said:
Installing non-conductive cooling fluid code name distill water. BigDav I have a question: I want to know what fittings to use connecting to the GTX580 VGA Full Card Liquid Cooling Block and what fittings for the GTX-580 graphic card tri-sli setup since they will be stack up one right on top of the other? Also to the radiator, in other words looking at the above items the only thing I seem to be missing is all the fittings and tube size. If I could get a kit with all the fittings and the tube size as a kit that would be cool!

Enzotech is my choice when it comes to fittings, but be aware that some waterblock manufacturers will void warranties if their fittings are not used. (e.g. "Enzotech Water Blocks can only be used with Enztoech Brand Hose Barb or fittings due to the design of the block tops. We will not cover the warranty if users switch the hose barbs or fittings to another brand.")

Most items you purchase (blocks, res. rads. pumps, etc.) will fit the G1/4 thread standard and for a 4 block setup like yours I would recommend 1/2" Tygon or 7/16" Primochill. Your barbs will be 1/2" of course. The Primochill 7/16" inside diameter is a tight fit on the 1/2" barbs but imho give a better chance of leak free tube to barb connections. I prefer reusable clamps for tubing as well. Those plastic ones are really hard to get off, if you need to make a change. The fittings between vid cards are done with what they call bridges,

e.g. http://www.enzotechnology.com/bsli_1.htm

You need to keep close eye on Acrylics, threads, swivel/rotary fittings and sli bridges when testing out the loop. Good Luck!
Score
May 5, 2011 1:38:50 AM

I guess going here "http://www.frozencpu.com/products" will keep everything standardizes. That way all parts come from one place! I would like to use compression fittings if thats possible what say you?
Score

Best solution

May 5, 2011 2:17:27 AM

If it't not too late, I would advise against using the dye/coolant. Any dye can separate and clog up your blocks.

If you must have color, get colored tubing.

The best coolant is simple distilled water. Use a liquid biocide or a silver killcoil to kill critters.
May 5, 2011 3:01:41 AM

Nope your not to late! Thanks for the heads up, I think I am going to just run it clear. With all the fans and lights that will be enough color contrast for the tower. I think now I will put my emphasis towards the performance from this point on. Thanks!
Score
May 12, 2011 12:40:36 AM

Best answer selected by HAWK_60.
Score
May 12, 2011 5:02:25 PM

This topic has been closed by SAINT19
Score
!