Buying 20000 contra of one type

I decided to puplish this "bug". Tim thinks it´s a feature. I´m not of his
opinion. Perhaps it´ll change something if I publish it. But I do think this
is a VERY powerfull "feature" which can lead to nearly double income (in
mid/late game).

You can breack the 10 000 buy/sell limit for one type of contra by telling
your ally to buy the same type of contra, too. Host will execute both
commands (the one from you and the one from your ally).
This works in current Host (188). If you have 3 Allies you can buy 30 000
contra of one type.
Only limit is the population sell limit. You cannot get above it.

Very interesting ,too, is that Tim proposed recendly a change in contra
market so that fluctuation is cut 50% down (which leads to 50% less income
from contra market). But he leaves this "feature" in the Host.

There was recendly also someone who has problems with always get twice the
amount of contra he gave orders to buy. This shurely is relatet to this (go
ask you ally). I don´t know if there´s another possibilety to get twice the
orders for selling the same contra in the trn-file. But I do think this
could be (at least if you´re a good hacker). I think Host will execute two
commands of buying/selling, too, even when they come from the same player.
But I´m not a good hacker so I cannot test this nor do I know a way of
getting the second buy command in the trn-file using client.

Have fun with it.

Greetings
Sebastian
6 answers Last reply
More about buying 20000 contra type

    Your are setting "Allow commands" for your ally to get this working,
    right?

    Thanks for publishing it. I agree that this is a bug which needs to be
    fixed and publishing it is a good way to get it.

    Any UEA player will simply love it, as they don't need to sell it again
    and therefore the # of colos limit is not applicable for them! I
    already thought that their contra conversion is way too good, but now
    it simply rocks in mid game.

    > Your are setting "Allow commands" for your ally to get this working,
    > right?

    Yes of course.

    > Thanks for publishing it. I agree that this is a bug which needs to be
    > fixed and publishing it is a good way to get it.

    You´re welcome.

    Greetings
    Sebastian

    Question relating that:

    If i set allow commands, my ally could move my ships, work in my bases,
    build ships for me etc.?

    Mydgard

    "Sebastian" <Sebastian@nospam.nospam> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    >> Your are setting "Allow commands" for your ally to get this working,
    >> right?
    >
    > Yes of course.
    >

    >> Thanks for publishing it. I agree that this is a bug which needs to be
    >> fixed and publishing it is a good way to get it.
    >
    > You´re welcome.
    >
    > Greetings
    > Sebastian

    > If i set allow commands, my ally could move my ships

    Yes

    , work in my bases,

    Yes

    > build ships for me etc.?

    No. He cannot form wings and order parts either.

    Greetings
    Sebastian

    Sebastian schrieb:
    >>If i set allow commands, my ally could move my ships
    >

    > Yes
    >
    > , work in my bases,
    >
    > Yes
    >

    >>build ships for me etc.?
    >

    > No. He cannot form wings and order parts either.
    >
    > Greetings
    > Sebastian

    AFAIK he can not do anything with the foreign ship plans, he always see
    his own there. So could not the plan on a Pod or select it for a transfer.
    He can not change anything in you minister screen, he always see his own
    there.
    Not sure, but think all others he can do. Maybe have not tested all as I
    had allow command from an ally and should make some moves for him.

    Bye-BYe JoSch.

    >> If i set allow commands, my ally could move my ships
    >
    > Yes
    >
    > , work in my bases,
    >
    > Yes
    >
    >> build ships for me etc.?
    >
    > No. He cannot form wings and order parts either.
    >
    > Greetings
    > Sebastian

    Quickbuild allowed? Anyway he can beam money out of my bases etc?

Games Video Games