Will ASUS Radeon HD5450 fit in SX 2802-01?

navajas

Distinguished
May 4, 2011
Hello,

I am a hardware idiot. I want that known up front and first off. Treat me as such: I will not take offense. I'm an old nerd, and currently have a hard to resist urge to play some Bloodbowl. The 360 version sucks, but, I've not played a PC game in many, many year. And that's why all I have is this, totally stock, cheap ass:

Costco Gateway SX-2802-01

All I want to know is, will this:

http://www.amazon.com/Graphics-EAH5450-SILENT-512MD2-LP/dp/B003IZHGPQ/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1304544882&sr=1-1

fit inside it, and will it work. I don't need high performance, I just want the little orks to stomp on the little dwarves without flickering and so forth. I don't HAVE the game yet, and actually am not sure that this thing won't run it, I just sort of doubt it.

If it will not fit, can you reccomend something that will, that is not expensive, and will provide me the modest requirements I seek.

What a cool board. Thanks in advance for your help!

navajas

Distinguished
May 4, 2011
Thank you for your reply!

Are you saying it will fit IF I have that kind of slot thing, or it will fit because I do have that kind of slot thing. Remember, you're dealing with an abject idiot here. If I would need to find out if I have that kind of slot, how would I go about it?

Thanks again!

navajas

Distinguished
May 4, 2011
Thanks for the reply.

I downloaded that application as suggested, but, I don't ind the information you mention. In fact, the "Graphic Interface" section is completely grayed out.

I really think I've seen, on this site even, mention of someone putting a new card in this box, but I can't find it. I think they may even mention this slot designation, but I can't find it.

I'll hold off worrying about the 4550 until I can figure out if anything at all will even fit. Thanks for the tip though!