Tags:
  • Motherboards
  • CPUs
  • AMD
  • Product
Last response: in Motherboards
January 8, 2012 6:05:51 AM

Hello!

I recently gave my computer a complete overhaul (Motherboard, memory, PSU, case, Video card, CPU) and have ran into a little problem. I had not realized that my motherboard does not support the AMD Phenom II X4 960T CPU. With this, I decided that it would be best to, instead of exchanging the CPU I got a fantastic deal on for a different model, I would exchange my motherboard for one that supports it.

The motherboard I have cost $69.99 from Newegg.com, and that is where I will have to buy the new one. Now, as much as I would love to not have to spend a cent more then what I paid, I am willing to go about $25-30 over what I paid for this new board if need be.

The necessities for the board would be support for the Phenom II X4 960T, Full sized ATX (the CPU fan I have is huge and does not leave enough clearance for the Memory if covering the DIMM slots), support for 1600 memory, and a PCIe x16 rail (though, that is pretty much standard with all motherboard now).

Nice features, while not necessary, I would like to have are SLI support (for the future if I decide to buy a second graphics card) and USB 3.0 (not a necessity but a long shot, but, I love future proofing when possible).

My current setup (with the 960T CPU included):
BIOSTAR A870U3 AM3 ATX AMD Motherboard
G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1600
AMD Phenom II X4 960T BE
Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 560 Ti (not OC edition)
Corsair Builder Series CX500 PSU

Any suggestions would be great, but the price must come from newegg.com.

More about : motherboard supporting amd 960

a c 107 V Motherboard
a b à CPUs
a b À AMD
January 8, 2012 7:39:06 AM

Best solution

January 8, 2012 7:54:41 AM

To be honest, i recommend the ASRock 970 Extreme 3, Asus M5A97 Evo, Gigabyte 970-UD3
Related resources
January 10, 2012 2:45:52 AM

I've decided to go with the ASRock 970 Extreme 3. It matches my current motherboard specs very nicely, seems to be a pretty good board for overclocking and unlocking, and the BIOS has me really interested. Should be fun and suit my needs perfectly. Thank you!
Score
a c 329 V Motherboard
a b à CPUs
February 9, 2012 2:36:23 PM

Best answer selected by nikorr.
Score
a c 329 V Motherboard
a b à CPUs
February 9, 2012 2:36:28 PM

This topic has been closed by Nikorr
Score
!