Painting my HAF 912

vibrantxxninjas

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2011
Hello everyone,
I was thinking of maybe starting a personal project and was thinking about painting my HAF 912 Snow white and install blue led fans and cathode blue leds on the inside of the case to give it an "icy" kind of a look to it.

the only problem is that im not sure what exactly to use to paint the exterior and interior? some white primer for a base i was thinking and then something else to coat it but im not sure on what to use to coat the base to make sure that i wont get paint chipping off everytime i slide the side panel off or bump it with something

Once again im only thinking of doing this, not sure if I'll go through with it so i cant promise anything going through but if i do do it i will be sure to post pics

any ideas anyone?

and what do you all think of the project? good idea or no and why?

thanks in advance

popatim

Titan
I'm not sure what the 912 is made of, probably a combination of metal and plastic. use an appropriate primer and automotive paint, thou expensive, can really shine and is pretty durable. Reading your plans I thought of that pearl-esque color I see on Escalades, or maybe get a white with metal flake for that crystaline look.

vibrantxxninjas

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2011

how good is krylon for chipping? will i still need to buy something to coat it or will that stuff be good enough?

Krylon states full chip protection after 7 days on the Plastic Fusion paint.
The thing about using Krylon is you can layer different finishes/coats.
Like a clear hard coat for protection.
Obviously you need to sand and prime the metal chassis and apply a metal paint.
Plastic paint for those surfaces.
Plenty of youtube vids with Krylon used as the paint finish.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDBq8FZopco
Bill at Mnpctech.com and fellow Tom's member has a great youtube channel
with excellent tutorials for proper case prep and painting techniques.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znv5Fpmirds&feature=related