How to find how much Ram will my motherboard handle

My mother board has 2 Ram sluts each has a 512MB Board. Under control panel the system says Intel4 CPU 3.20 Ghz 319ghz, 0.99 GB of Ram. The little print on the Intel chip on the motherboard reads, INTEL@ NH82801GB L705NC61 SL8FX MC 04 Taiwan. On bottom edge of motherboard it says Pb2nd LVL INTCT.
Top of motherboard says MIC CPU-D945GCCR (B) Can I put a 1GB card in each slut and get 2GB of Ram, or can I add even more Ram memory safely to the motherboard.
4 answers Last reply
More about find motherboard handle
  1. Maximum ram is 1 gb per slot for a total of 2 gb. Link doesn't transfer to my post.
  2. Thanks, I am running Windows XP with service pace 3. I instaled Norton360 and my system speed to go to a site or e-mail went downhill. So thanks for you answer I will get my self 2X1GB Ram cars. Thanks again.
  3. o1die said:
    Maximum ram is 1 gb per slot for a total of 2 gb. Link doesn't transfer to my post.

Sorry to hijack this thread but oldie please could you tell us how to wooed out that 2gb was the maximum ram he could use.

Did you work this out from the code that ewbeck provided in his original post or was there some other way you worked this out?

I would like to know as I have been thinking about upgrading for a while but wasn't sure how I could find out if my machine could take more RAM
  4. I found the correct page on Intel's website. I've always had a problem transferring secondary links to my threads. His identification number led to the 945 board he described at the end of his thread. http://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=A0oG7mOezglP_0YAHnRXNyoA?p=Intel%20NH82801GB%20L705NC61%20SL8FX%20MC%20specs&fr2=sb-top&fr=att-portal. The second link on top will give him the board specs.
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards RAM