Bluetooth not working

sandeep_24

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2010
i hv compaq armada 7400 & PS windows 98se.

i hv installed widcomm bluetooth software.during installaton it asked to insert windows98se cd, but i dont hv it.but though i didnt insert the cd it finishes the installation.

after installation it prompts for restart.
after rebooting "my bluetooth places" comes on desktop & bluetooth icon on system tray.but the icon is red in blue.clicking on it prompts no buetooth device plugged..

also in control panel the configuration of bluetooth is showing same -no buetooth device plugged..

plz help me

thanks in advance..

Solution
G
Install again and this time when it asks for CD redirect it to a look in the folder Windows\System or Windows\System32 .

Hopefully (and bear in mind no-one I know has used Win98 for about 8 years so my memory is rusty) this will deal with it.
G

Install again and this time when it asks for CD redirect it to a look in the folder Windows\System or Windows\System32 .

Hopefully (and bear in mind no-one I know has used Win98 for about 8 years so my memory is rusty) this will deal with it.

Solution

livefree4780

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2010
i don't mean to rain on your parade or be negative about your post. no dis-respect intended. so please don't take it that way. but to upgrade to win xp would take care of a lot of your problems here. windows 98 has old driver sets, so in order for your blue tooth to work it needs to be plugged in to the OS via a cable of whatever sort, so it will recognize it. when win 98 was created, it wasn't even heard of to have blue tooth technology, e.g. your system doesn't know what to do, even tho you may have updated it to the furthest extent, the basic OS is the same as it was 8-10 years ago. im sorry to not be of much help, and pardon the euphemism, but it seems to me your trying to start a steam engine with an electronic ignition system. im sure someone will give you a reasonable answer. and you will come to a point where it will work. all im trying to do is inform you.

sandeep_24

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2010

hey filhart thanks 4 ur rply coz it worked but although all installation is over the red sign of bluetooth is not turning to white & after plugging the blooth device(usb) it promps "BCM2035B" "DRIVERS NOT INSTALLED".
now what can i do.
could u send me the downloadable driver link plzzz...

thanks buddy

G

See if this helps:
http://www.harshj.com/2007/02/06/configuring-the-broadcom-2045a-bluetooth-dongle-in-windows/

But seriously, you need to try to update your computer to Windows XP -- it'll generally work on 98 vintage machines if there's enough memory.

TRENDING THREADS