Dual monitor setup

gatonius

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2010
Hi Folks,
I was wondering if anyone could tell me how much starin a dual monitor setup would put on my graphics card and cpu.

I am running a ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe MOBO with AMD Athalon 64 cpu, 4 gigs ram (less detected by WINXP32)
MSI N450gts cyclone 1gb graphics card
600 watt ATX Xfinity 2g dual rail PSU
I have a 24" Westinghouse M2401 monitor as a primary and would like to add a19" viewsonic..

I just want to make sure I don't strain my cpu,gpu or pc in general.
Thanks for any advice in advance.

Solution
No problem at all from an attachment or performance point of view.

I love the dual monitor configuration.

Your experience will be better if you add an identical 24" monitor. Mismatched monitors will show different colors, and dragging from one to the other will obscure parts of the window.
No problem at all from an attachment or performance point of view.

I love the dual monitor configuration.

Your experience will be better if you add an identical 24" monitor. Mismatched monitors will show different colors, and dragging from one to the other will obscure parts of the window.

Solution

mattimeo005

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2010
It's possible that you will notice slightly more choppy frame rates when watching videos, but other than that there shouldnt be any issues. The GPU temps will go up a few degrees, but it won't be anything to worry about.

gatonius

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2010
Thanks guys. i would love to add another 24" but right now with me being disabled and on a limited income that's not possible.....unless santa tosses one down my chimney...lol.
So there's no way to set different resolutions on each monitor to keep from losing part of the window on the smaller one?