Minefields

Is it possible to sweep other mines but novas when someone is laying
them? I mean, I cannot as Xtal instantly sweep botfields if he sets
them as cloaked, but he clearly can sweep my webs when I'm laying them,
cloaked too (-> no miefields next turn). Is this how it should be?

<widal@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:1112887966.712943.192980@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...
> Is it possible to sweep other mines but novas when someone is laying
> them?
Yes but the events laying and sweeping are ordered due to ship skill or experience.
So to be sure one must have some skilled ships or maybe use other ways like a minefield destabilizer or destroy the ship before
laying.

Barbatics and Nova barbatics cannot be swept if cloaked others yes.

>I mean, I cannot as Xtal instantly sweep botfields if he sets
> them as cloaked, but he clearly can sweep my webs when I'm laying them,
> cloaked too (-> no miefields next turn). Is this how it should be?

Yes.

GFM GToeroe

Sparrow

I thought Tim had said Novas can't be laid cloaked anymore? I can't
find that in the recent host changes, though.

As Gabor already said, it may indeed be that the Novas are not cloaked,
but laid after you sweep!

nameless

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2002

Only one correction: The mines need to be laid cloaked (option),
otherwise they are not when laid.

Gabor Törö wrote:
> Sorry, just ansered to short:
>
> Novas are cloaked only the turn they are laid what makes an
immediately sweeping unpossible. And one turn later they can be
> detonated before being swept. One turn after they are laid they
become uncloaked an can be swept.

"Sparrow" <e.kueper@gmx.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:1112947725.914662.256670@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
> I thought Tim had said Novas can't be laid cloaked anymore? I can't
> find that in the recent host changes, though.
>
> As Gabor already said, it may indeed be that the Novas are not cloaked,
> but laid after you sweep!

....hair in the soup...but maybe there are some out there which need the comment...

GFM GToeroe