Networking two computers to run simultaneious feed

livefree4780

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2010
can anyone help me find a cost effective way to do what is in the diagram on the link below? i dont have room on my motherboard for another video card that supports s-video. but i do on my other computer. computer one has the audio set installed, and oc'd to best performance. computer 2 has open slots for an older card that supports s- video. how can i stream content from comp 1 to comp 2 and have the sound from comp 1 match the supposed "streamed video" (from comp 1 to comp 2) run at the same time? would i need a third computer? or is there any way this is possible? im not interested in changing my video card on comp 1, so thats out of the question. the diagram below, in the link, will show what i want to accomplish. if anyone is interested in this please feel free to let me know. there is more going on with this scenario than meets the eye. but all in all, the concept is what i need assistance with.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a132/livefree4780/DSC00180.jpg

k3y3n1n

Distinguished
May 20, 2010
idk what you are trying to stream (live video/audio ) or video/music saved on computer 1

If you just have music / video saved on computer one you can share it out and computer two can access it that way

Now by the look of your diagram you don't have a monitor on computer 2 what you can do it enable remote desktop to access computer 2 and ply the video from there that's shared off of computer 1.

Be honest i cant think atm on how to share live media when it comes to me ill sure to let you know or some else will post that ans if its even possible

tkrl26

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2010

It will be easier to add a GFX card to PC1...

The only way I can think of to do what you want to do is by using linux, stream it to PC2, redirect alsa to play on PC1... Doing this would be a gigantic pain in the a$$ for someone that is not use to linux...

TRENDING THREADS