Closed Solved

RivaTuner with Radeon 6850

I know I could post on guru3d, but I find this place much more helpful :).

I wanted to know if anyone had a way to get RivaTuner to work on a Radeon 6850. I just want to monitor the GPU not overclock at all.

The reason I'd like to get RivaTuner working is because it has a great windows gadget that can include your CPU/memory/fan info as well (basically everything riva can get). I haven't found another one as good so I'm hoping to get the stats working for this 6850.

Thanks!
14 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about rivatuner radeon 6850
  1. Since Unwinder switched his work from Rivatuner to Afterburner, there have not been any Rivatuner updates for a good year or so. I was not aware that Rivatuner also had CPU/system info in a gadget. I guess Afterburner doesn't have what you need?

    I'm not sure, but I think it's possible to e-mail Unwinder or

    Name: Hilbert Hagedoorn
    Email: http://www.guru3d.com/mailer/
    Position: Chief Editor, owner
  2. Thanks for the info.

    Yeah, there is a plugin for RivaTuner that lets you get your CPU info. So right now for me that's all that is showing up since I upgraded my graphics card.

    I went searching and thee is a way to turn the RivaTuner windows gadget into one that works with MSI Afterburner. Here is the thread: http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=317912

    I have it running now. Although I no longer have my CPU info, at least my graphics info is on my windows gadget :)

    Anyone know a way to get MSI Afterburner to display CPU info?
  3. So, I decided to duplicate the original gadget, and then do the steps in the link above to turn one into a MSI Afterburner gadget, and one for rivatuner. So I have them both running. Afterburner gives me my GPU info and RivaTuner gives me my cpu info.

    Worked out nicely :)
  4. Aw, I was hoping you'd e-mail Unwinder in Russia. That would have probably been a bit extreme, though.
  5. lol, yeah I was impatient and didn't want to wait.

    I think though that I will switch to HWMonitor's windows gadget to monitor my cpu info. RivaTuner gadget is acting funny now that I duplicated it, so in full screen the cpu info stops updated although with my Afterburner version of the gadget it updates the gpu info fine.
  6. Pallimud said:
    lol, yeah I was impatient and didn't want to wait.

    I think though that I will switch to HWMonitor's windows gadget to monitor my cpu info. RivaTuner gadget is acting funny now that I duplicated it, so in full screen the cpu info stops updated although with my Afterburner version of the gadget it updates the gpu info fine.


    Well the main problem might be that there is no official driver for our 68xx series cards till they release Drivers 10.12, i cant get my GPU gadgets to detect my card with this Beta Driver.(I'm using Window7 64-bit and using the hot-fix)

    Note! AMD Catalyst™ 10.11 does not provide support for the AMD Radeon™ HD 68xx series of graphics cards. Full support for these graphics cards is targeted to be available in the AMD Catalyst 10.12 driver release.
  7. Best answer
    I think Rivatuner is moving into "legacy" status.
  8. Those were the good old days and still have many features that are still not in afterburner but what ever. :(
    I don't like how core and shader clocks linked in afterburner <.<
  9. nforce4max said:
    Those were the good old days and still have many features that are still not in afterburner but what ever. :(
    I don't like how core and shader clocks linked in afterburner <.<

    I think the core and shader clocks are linked because they need to be in a 2:1 ratio, at least for GTX 4xx/5xx cards. I'm not sure why.
  10. 17seconds said:
    I think the core and shader clocks are linked because they need to be in a 2:1 ratio, at least for GTX 4xx/5xx cards. I'm not sure why.


    If it weren't for that I would be getting a Lot more out of my GTX460. I have always enjoyed being able to nuke my G80 and G92 cards without making them unstable.
  11. timmy121 said:
    Note! AMD Catalyst™ 10.11 does not provide support for the AMD Radeon™ HD 68xx series of graphics cards. Full support for these graphics cards is targeted to be available in the AMD Catalyst 10.12 driver release.


    Oh... that's too bad, but I'm sure the release will be by January.

    --

    I'm surprised there isn't a utility created yet that monitors everything on the pc and has a windows gadget. Maybe people don't use windows gadgets? I find them very useful since they aren't windowed and stay where you put them. I loved RivaTuner for the small footprint and gadget, but I guess I have to get over it. HWMonitor's gadget is a little annoying in that you have to basically design it yourself and if you ever close the gadget (restarting is okay) then you lose what you setup.

    It's weird, I never used to monitor anything, but once I started, I feel so in the dark when I don't have the numbers showing.
  12. There are a couple standard Gadgets that show CPU and Memory usage. No big deal. If you check your Windows Task Manager, you will see that Windows Gadgets actually use quite a bit of system memory.
  13. Best answer selected by Pallimud.
  14. This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Radeon Graphics