Memory for Toshiba Tecra 8000?

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
Share
March 15, 2005 6:44:57 PM

Is there a trustworthy, reasonably-priced site where I can get a 128M
RAM module for a Tecra 8000? I've heard that not just any PC100 will
work, as it needs to slow down to the 66Mhz speed of the bus. (A
MicroCenter guy said not all PC100 will do this, which may or may not
be correct.)

I just got screwed by "Friendlylaptops.com," (allied with
Friendlycomputers.com). I ordered two modules of 128M PC100; they
sent me one, which amazingly works. It took forever to get an email
response or live person on the phone, and though he said he'd send the
other module, he hasn't yet. So please don't suggest this site.

Any others?

Tom
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
March 17, 2005 1:41:11 AM

I've had good results with Coast to Coast Memory:
http://www.18004memory.com/?&guid=FEF9AAA125D5490082F8B...
I avoid Kahlon.com like the plague due to poor service and response
Andy
..

"Alex Quant" <alexqspam@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> "TC" <tallguy@planetkc.com> wrote in message
>> Is there a trustworthy, reasonably-priced site where I can get a 128M
>> RAM module for a Tecra 8000? I've heard that not just any PC100 will
>> work, as it needs to slow down to the 66Mhz speed of the bus. (A
>> MicroCenter guy said not all PC100 will do this, which may or may not
>> be correct.)
>>
>> I just got screwed by "Friendlylaptops.com," (allied with
>> Friendlycomputers.com). I ordered two modules of 128M PC100; they
>> sent me one, which amazingly works. It took forever to get an email
>> response or live person on the phone, and though he said he'd send the
>> other module, he hasn't yet. So please don't suggest this site.
>
> You could try crucial.com, but it will be quite expensive. eBay is a good
> place; look out for sellers who will guarantee their memory will work with
> the Tecra 8000. I've seen auctions where the seller lists all the laptop
> their memory is compatible with.
>
> Alex Quant
>
> ~ Reply-To is set to a valid email address ~
>
> ~ www.alexquant.net ~

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
March 17, 2005 1:01:26 PM

TC wrote:
> Is there a trustworthy, reasonably-priced site where I can get a 128M
> RAM module for a Tecra 8000? I've heard that not just any PC100 will
> work, as it needs to slow down to the 66Mhz speed of the bus. (A
> MicroCenter guy said not all PC100 will do this, which may or may not
> be correct.)
>
> I just got screwed by "Friendlylaptops.com," (allied with
> Friendlycomputers.com). I ordered two modules of 128M PC100; they
> sent me one, which amazingly works. It took forever to get an email
> response or live person on the phone, and though he said he'd send the
> other module, he hasn't yet. So please don't suggest this site.
>
> Any others?
>

> Tom

Your user manual should give you the correct specification for
additional memory.
--
Regards
Echy