How to assemble a cpu step by step show me

please I need how to assemble a CPU step bye step is for a project! ;) Thanks!
15 answers Last reply
More about assemble step step show
  1. Youtube usually has a bunch of videos on that.
  2. Really? So on youtube there are videos about assembling your own fab in your backyard so you can assemble your own CPUs? Amazing! Who needs Ruiz and Paul O. now? The wonders of modern technology! (OK, I'm being sarcastic...) :)
  3. I'm pretty sure that the OP meant to say computer system rather than CPU... but who knows? :)
  4. Actually you can make a 1 register 1 bus cpu with its own mediocre alu.Its easier than what most people think.
  5. You cannot assemble a cpu unless you have your own FAB. A cpu is a 1"x1" piece of silicone with gold pins on the bottom and a metal heatsink on top.

You can however assemble a PC or Computer.

Just Google/YouTube how to build a pc/computer. Or go to a library and get a book.

Nobody is going to write a friggin book for you about how to assemble and entire PC.

(nothing irks me more than when someone calls a computer a cpu, that's just so 80's)
  6. geekapproved said:
    (nothing irks me more than when someone calls a computer a cpu, that's just so 80's)

This is incredible but true: Three weeks ago I was in the line at Walmart behind a lady who was buying an Acer 22", a keyboard, and a mouse. I asked her what computer she had. She replied that she didn't have a computer, but she was buying this as her first one. I was confused so I asked her what computer she was going to buy. She insisted that this was all she needed. In her little reptilian brain, she figured that all she needed to do was hook up the keyboard and mouse to the monitor and it would all work! I tried to talk her out of it but she looked at me like I was insane, made her purchase, and went home. :cry:
  7. halfcalf said:
    This is incredible but true: Three weeks ago I was in the line at Walmart behind a lady who was buying an Acer 22", a keyboard, and a mouse. I asked her what computer she had. She replied that she didn't have a computer, but she was buying this as her first one. I was confused so I asked her what computer she was going to buy. She insisted that this was all she needed. In her little reptilian brain, she figured that all she needed to do was hook up the keyboard and mouse to the monitor and it would all work! I tried to talk her out of it but she looked at me like I was insane, made her purchase, and went home. :cry:

Well well, she just bought a monitor and a mouse/keyboard.
    I think its not strange in anyway at all.Most of the most regular members at Toms are about up to 70plus people for both US and GB.Really, computer enthusiast are not common in my point of view extremely rare.
    One day my friend told me she wanted me to plug in her vga adapter to her monitor and i asked her why she didnt do it herself.She told me she wanted it to be connected "perfectly".Out of every one i know, i think only 1 out of every 1000 really are considered enthusiast.
  8. halfcalf said:
    I'm pretty sure that the OP meant to say computer system rather than CPU... but who knows? :)

A lot of people refer to the system box as the "CPU".

Yes, it's confusing... but I think we can figure it out :)
  9. ^ Reminds me of the U.K. practice of calling your car 'the motor' hehe

Anyhow, Op, look at this, a step by step guide to build a P.C. all the way from here on Toms,
    http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/274745-13-step-step-guide-building

of course this doesn't help you with component choice, but if your still checking this thread, you can fill in http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/261222-13-build-advice for us and we can suggest something appropriate.
    Moto
  10. zulfadhli: I agree that there are a lot of people who don't know squat about PCs. That lady didn't even think that there was any need for a case between her monitor and input devices. :)

Motopsychojdn: I think that since the OP requires such an "elevated" level of assistance they might be better off just going to dell.com. :)
  11. Possibly Halfcalf,
    but the desire seems to be there and we should nurture it imo,
    after all, isn't that the point of having the 'build a pc guide' on here?
    so those without the knowledge can start to gain it, along with the helpful friendly members advice when needed :P
    Moto
  12. halfcalf said:
    zulfadhli: I agree that there are a lot of people who don't know squat about PCs. That lady didn't even think that there was any need for a case between her monitor and input devices. :)

Motopsychojdn: I think that since the OP requires such an "elevated" level of assistance they might be better off just going to dell.com. :)

Hmm, maybe she was really nearsighted and thought that "Acer" was actually iMac :P..
  13. Motopsychojdn: I fully endorse your altruistic attitude, but given that:

1) I'm a mean, sarcastic old fart
    2) The OP has not been back since his initial post

I think I'm going to stick to my recommendation that he should just go buy a ready made system. :)

fazers: Yeah, don't all those monitors have slots in the side to put your DVDs? :)
  14. halfcalf said:
    fazers: Yeah, don't all those monitors have slots in the side to put your DVDs? :)

Well I'll have to go down to my basement and check out my wife's nephew's Mac to make sure, but I know Dell makes an 'all-in-one' that does include a tray-load DVD or BD player on the side of the 23" monitor. You can get it in touchscreen and non-touch flavors.

Actually thought about getting the touchscreen Dell for the kitchen desk, but then came to my senses when I realized it would be my 4-yr-old son actually using it most of the time. Do I really wanna be cleaning boogers and peanut butter off that touchscreen twice a day??? Naaahhh :D.
  15. CPU is an arbitrary term. You could easily argue that it is just the ALU, or even the adders and such within if you wanted to.
    It's not any worse to call the box the CPU than to call whole processor the CPU, the processor (micro-controller actually) also has ram, I/O, programs, etc inside of it.

edit: I am well aware that I have contributed nothing to the conversation, but I'm sure the OP has transcribed (and properly cited) some youtube demo by now anyway.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs