Sign in with
Your question

DVI to HDMI to Olevia 37" does not get 1920 x 1200 resolution

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 7, 2010 2:31:51 AM

geforce 465 connection problems with olevia 537 37" hdtv. TV's max resolution before going to blue screen is 1280 x 720. Anything higher i get a blue screen. Connected via DVI to HDMI.

its weird because i've connected dvi to hdmi before with my old computer and i was able to get 1920x 1200 resolution. I dunno what's wrong, i've updated my graphics drivers and everything.

Would really appreciate some help.

Thanks!
December 7, 2010 2:47:30 AM

I did some research on the monitor you have and I keep coming up with it's max resolution being 1366 x 768. I'm not sure if you have a dual monitor setup, if your old graphics card maybe posted it at 1920 x 1200 but didn't truly receive that resolution, or if there is a different issue. I have a GTX 460 with (2) 22" monitors, one with HDMI and the other DVI, both running at 1920 x 1080 so I know the card is capable of going up to that resolution. Is there any other information you might have for me? Thanks!
m
l
December 7, 2010 3:11:21 AM

My tv can watch HDTV at 1080i. Also it is incorrectly listed at 1366 x 768, i have done a google search myself and the description on the TV is wrong all across the net....

a little info on my old computer which the conneciton worked on....the computer i used to have had a geforce 7900 gto which allowed for a 1080i resolution on the tv. I'm guessing it could be something with the video card, windows 7, or the firmware on my TV.

I say firmware because some settings in the menu do not work properly as they did before. a year or so back the firmware glitch out on me...settings do not save. thank god the tv works and i can switch difference sources - but the menu settings do not save when i change them.

any ideas?
m
l
Related resources
December 7, 2010 3:36:09 AM

My first guess would be along the lines of firmware as well. It may be that the new GeForce cards don't support the older firmware from a year ago. It may also the be that the max resolution from DVI to HDMI is 1366 x 768 as opposed to using HDMI to HDMI. Other than the cabling from the computer to the monitor, my assumption would be the firmware.
m
l
December 7, 2010 4:46:31 AM

thanks rmc,

i thought it was the damn cable too...

O well i have to go exchange it and take a look.

Anyone got any idea where i can get a copy of that olevia firmware and some instructions on how to flash it? i know it's bankrupt and barely anyone still do any support for it without money but there's got to be some sort of hope online....
m
l
December 7, 2010 2:54:46 PM

pistolandshank said:
thanks rmc,

i thought it was the damn cable too...

O well i have to go exchange it and take a look.

Anyone got any idea where i can get a copy of that olevia firmware and some instructions on how to flash it? i know it's bankrupt and barely anyone still do any support for it without money but there's got to be some sort of hope online....

I still have it on my comp at home. I won't be home till 17:30 CST. Drop me a pm.
m
l
a b Î Nvidia
December 7, 2010 5:12:00 PM

Just my $.02:

My Olevia 232T can also accept a 1080i input from my HD Cable box, but the max resolution on my HDTV is 1366x768. Additionally, when I first connected it to my HTPC, it would not display at that resolution. I called Olevia Tech Support and they stated it could only display 1280x720 via an HDMI/PC connection.

-Wolf sends
m
l
!