DVI to HDMI to Olevia 37" does not get 1920 x 1200 resolution

geforce 465 connection problems with olevia 537 37" hdtv. TV's max resolution before going to blue screen is 1280 x 720. Anything higher i get a blue screen. Connected via DVI to HDMI.

its weird because i've connected dvi to hdmi before with my old computer and i was able to get 1920x 1200 resolution. I dunno what's wrong, i've updated my graphics drivers and everything.

Would really appreciate some help.

Thanks!
6 answers Last reply
More about hdmi olevia 1920 1200 resolution
  1. I did some research on the monitor you have and I keep coming up with it's max resolution being 1366 x 768. I'm not sure if you have a dual monitor setup, if your old graphics card maybe posted it at 1920 x 1200 but didn't truly receive that resolution, or if there is a different issue. I have a GTX 460 with (2) 22" monitors, one with HDMI and the other DVI, both running at 1920 x 1080 so I know the card is capable of going up to that resolution. Is there any other information you might have for me? Thanks!
  2. My tv can watch HDTV at 1080i. Also it is incorrectly listed at 1366 x 768, i have done a google search myself and the description on the TV is wrong all across the net....

a little info on my old computer which the conneciton worked on....the computer i used to have had a geforce 7900 gto which allowed for a 1080i resolution on the tv. I'm guessing it could be something with the video card, windows 7, or the firmware on my TV.

I say firmware because some settings in the menu do not work properly as they did before. a year or so back the firmware glitch out on me...settings do not save. thank god the tv works and i can switch difference sources - but the menu settings do not save when i change them.

any ideas?
  3. My first guess would be along the lines of firmware as well. It may be that the new GeForce cards don't support the older firmware from a year ago. It may also the be that the max resolution from DVI to HDMI is 1366 x 768 as opposed to using HDMI to HDMI. Other than the cabling from the computer to the monitor, my assumption would be the firmware.
  4. thanks rmc,

i thought it was the damn cable too...

O well i have to go exchange it and take a look.

Anyone got any idea where i can get a copy of that olevia firmware and some instructions on how to flash it? i know it's bankrupt and barely anyone still do any support for it without money but there's got to be some sort of hope online....
  5. pistolandshank said:
    thanks rmc,

i thought it was the damn cable too...

O well i have to go exchange it and take a look.

Anyone got any idea where i can get a copy of that olevia firmware and some instructions on how to flash it? i know it's bankrupt and barely anyone still do any support for it without money but there's got to be some sort of hope online....

I still have it on my comp at home. I won't be home till 17:30 CST. Drop me a pm.
  6. Just my $.02:

My Olevia 232T can also accept a 1080i input from my HD Cable box, but the max resolution on my HDTV is 1366x768. Additionally, when I first connected it to my HTPC, it would not display at that resolution. I called Olevia Tech Support and they stated it could only display 1280x720 via an HDMI/PC connection.

-Wolf sends
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia Resolution Blue Screen DVI HDMI Graphics