IROC_69

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2010
i hope i m on right place
i have etisalat 3g internet and it provides 10 gb volume per month
i want to play call of duty modren warfare online so my question is how much data will i use while online gaming for 1 hour

G

I rather suspect it's down to what you're doing while online.

Have you any way of metering usage -- I think there are programs which will do that (see the usual shareware/freeware download sites like CNET, FileHippo, MajorGeeks).

tkrl26

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2010
I would not recommend playing COD over your 3g with a 10 Gig limit. To give you a little perspective on how much data gets passed around when you surf the net...

I work from home every now and then, and I also use a transparent proxy. The proxy also has a few plug ins that I will not go into, but in 8 hours I was able to accumulate 9 gigs of data from port 80 alone (surfing the net).

Now a game holds a constant connection, and it has to transfer large amounts of data to keep everything in sink... You are going to hit that limit really quick! My guess would be an hour or two you will be very close to using half of your limit.

**Please note that this is just a wild guess, I have not measured that traffic throughput from a game.

xco

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2010
first off, is it COD for pc or for console?

I'm a hardcore gamer myself and it is from my understanding that the console version of games use less bandwidth then their pc counterparts

I doubt you will go over 10gb of usage even with heavy gaming on your part (assuming console COD)

http://internet.bell.ca/index.cfm?method=bandwidthMonitor.estimator&language=en

go to that link and see how bell calculates estimated monthly usage (note: I dont know how they calculate it) but even if you clock in 25 hours a week of COD you will only be supposedly using 6.11 GB, so I think your good.

But worst case scenario just expand your bandwidth limit? I am positive you will find ways to use those extra bits.

nigelb7777

Honorable
Sep 18, 2012
it looks like you are using way too much data, 9 gig in 2 hours.... check your settings, something is wrong, i use 3g and have played cod for 20 odd hrs and used less than 1 gig

At0mic_Cyb0rg

Honorable
Nov 12, 2012

You seriously have something wrong with your data, unless you were downloading things... Loading a web page is typically less than a megabyte, and online gaming is supposed to average around 50-60mb per hour.