What fabrication process is this card?

Solution
Wow lol people XD

The card linked is a 55nm G91 B1 and like all green editions it doesn't need a connector and doesn't use that much power. I got both 65 and 55nm versions so I know one when I see one. Also when you load up gpuz it will mistake it for a 65nm as they both share the same micro code as well driver. I know this gpu like the back of my hand.

cheesesubs

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2009

can you tell the difference between 65nm/55nm without take off the heatsink? by look at the back pin pad?

You need an electron microscope to tell the difference between 55nm and 65nm.. ;-)

Seriously though, the only way I can think of to tell them apart would be knowledge of the different serial numbers. Without some kind of indication which batch numbers represent the 55nm shrink, there is really no way to tell.

cheesesubs

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2009

how can you tell? i meant how to look at the serial number? does every card has different number despite they are the same model?

Wow lol people XD

The card linked is a 55nm G91 B1 and like all green editions it doesn't need a connector and doesn't use that much power. I got both 65 and 55nm versions so I know one when I see one. Also when you load up gpuz it will mistake it for a 65nm as they both share the same micro code as well driver. I know this gpu like the back of my hand.

Solution

cheesesubs

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2009

huh o.0? good to see you!

it has pcie connecter which is why it confuse me with these 65nm 8800gt. also isn't that green edition's pcb board are all look .."short"? that card is measure 8.5 inches....is it possible that green edition can be this BIG?

cheesesubs

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2009

thx dude! i was going to buy that card as xmas gift for my niece. only to be concern about that crappy heatsink and power consumption if it's 65nm.

thanks again!