I am seeking advice on which memory to use with my motherboard and CPU. Below are my components and some relevant information extracted from their official websites.
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 810
- ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO listed as one of many recommended motherboards. Motherboard: ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO
- 4 x DIMM, Max. 16 GB, DDR3 1800(O.C.)*/1600(O.C.)/1333/1066/800 ECC,Non-ECC,Un-buffered Memory
Dual Channel memory architecture (source).
I wouldn't want to do any overclocking as I have no experience with that. So I think the 1333 MHz is the most appropriate.
Suggestion: Gskill F3-10666CL7D-8GBRH
- Gskill doesn't list ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO as qualified motherboard
- Seems to have low latency compared to other 1333 MHz memory chips
- Not in Qualified Vendor List (although many other Gskill chips are)
Question: How can I be certain that the suggested memory will work (or not work) with my setup? I've read somewhere that the choice of memory is not independent of processor choice, but since I don't know how, I'm worried that I would be missing something important. Thanks in advance