Help with charging problem for SonyT1battery

Last response: in Digital Camera
January 31, 2005 8:00:16 PM

I purchased and received an aftermarket Li battery for Sony T1 camera from
eBay.
I tried to charge the new battery .
The charging lamp is supposed to light up steadily until charge is
completed.
But the lamp is BLINKING.
The manual for the camera did not describe anything about blinking light
during charge.
Does anybody know what the blinking means?
TIA. Satoshi
Anonymous
January 31, 2005 8:41:08 PM

Yep, blinking normally means faulty battery, either completely
discharged (ie reversed polarity), or not accepting a valid current.
Try taking it out, wait 15 seconds, then re-insert. You could also try
either warming or cooling the battery slightly (eg sunny windowsill or
fridge for fifteen minutes, perhaps).

If no good, contact supplier.
January 31, 2005 9:24:38 PM

Satoshi,
I owned a Toshiba 3310. The charging light would flash when I first plugged
it in. If I then unplugged it and re-plugged it, it would come on steady and
charge OK. Toshiba manual said it the flashing light meant charging fault. I
don't know if the battery was bad or not, but it held a charge for a lot of
shots during a trip to New Zealand. I know the brand name is different, but
I hope this helps.

"satoshi" <satoshi@thuntek.net> wrote in message
>I purchased and received an aftermarket Li battery for Sony T1 camera from
>eBay.
> I tried to charge the new battery .
> The charging lamp is supposed to light up steadily until charge is
> completed.
> But the lamp is BLINKING.
> The manual for the camera did not describe anything about blinking light
> during charge.
> Does anybody know what the blinking means?
> TIA. Satoshi

January 31, 2005 10:26:40 PM

I tried a few more times in vain. It's still blinking.
I thought that I was buying a Sony battery for a good price.
It never occurred to me that I was buying an after-market battery for $36
(including shipping).
In fact, description on its website was so misleading that unless you were a
trained lawyer, you won't know that you were buying a fake battery. When
opened the package today, the battery did not have a word "Sony". That's
how I realized that I was getting an after-market battery. I am learning a
hard way. Satoshi

<chrlz@go.com> wrote in message
> Yep, blinking normally means faulty battery, either completely
> discharged (ie reversed polarity), or not accepting a valid current.
> Try taking it out, wait 15 seconds, then re-insert. You could also try
> either warming or cooling the battery slightly (eg sunny windowsill or
> fridge for fifteen minutes, perhaps).
>
> If no good, contact supplier.

Anonymous
February 1, 2005 4:12:33 AM

"satoshi" <satoshi@thuntek.net> wrote in message
> I purchased and received an aftermarket Li battery for Sony T1 camera from
> eBay.
> I tried to charge the new battery .
> The charging lamp is supposed to light up steadily until charge is
> completed.
> But the lamp is BLINKING.
> The manual for the camera did not describe anything about blinking light
> during charge.
> Does anybody know what the blinking means?
> TIA. Satoshi

It might mean a bad battery. Leave it in there for at least four hours.
Take it out and see how long it runs the camera. You might also alert the
seller that he might have shipped you a defective and that you are putting
him on notice.
Anonymous
February 1, 2005 4:12:34 AM

Correction:

I bought the batter from Terascout.com not from eBay.

Regards,

Satoshi

!