Which graphics card company to buy?pls suggest.

preetam dsr

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2010
i was planning to buy nvidia 9800gt.

i want to ask what's the difference between different graphics card companies like sparkle,palit,forsa etc.?

if there is a difference,which is best?

is forsa a good one?cause palit isn't available at the moment so would forsa be as good as palit?

please suggest.

plastichairball

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2010
Perhaps that is all he can afford on his budget, or all that's available in the shops locally.

preetam, let us know your system and budget and maybe we can find a better card for your money.

Otherwise, look at the specifications of each manufacturers card and what they offer you. Some offer you higher clocked cards, some offer a great warranty, some offer better cooling solutions. Some cards from some manufacturers are pre-overclocked or even superclocked (set to higher settings and so faster).

Post some of your potential buys if you can and we can help you decide.

preetam dsr

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2010

only other card that comes in my budget is gts250,but it is pretty mch the same,just a bit pricey &ati cards produce too much heat.

i am upgrading from my 8400 gs,i play games in 1024x768 resolution mainly.
8400gs can run all the latest games,but it,s fan is not rotating.

preetam dsr

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2010

i wanted to buy palit 9800gt 1gb but it's not available,they suggested forsa.i haven't heard of it so i am confused.

Who told you that, that's not true. Get a HD 4770 or HD 4850 both are better and have less power consumption and heat, especially the first one.

plastichairball

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2010
Yes mosox, that is true but good luck trying to find a 4770, they were so popular that they've become like hen's teeth.

The 4850 is indeed a good suggestion. If you can find it for your price, it's a really great card. I've never heard of Forsa as a manufacturer, do you have a link for the card?