Your question

I need Help with FPA on a P55A-UD3

Tags:
  • Homebuilt
  • Audio
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
February 6, 2011 8:40:00 PM

Hey guys I think I screwed up reall badd. What happens is that I dont get any front panel audio, in AC'97 or HD mode. I think I know why as I was screwing with it one day and I was doing some cable managment, while I was doing that, I think that I must have placed the FPA connecter on wrong because when I opened my computer the next day as I had no audio out of the front pannel I saw that the connecter was like this

. ..

The place where it is underlined was where the connecter was meaning I missed the top 4 pins. When I put the connecter back in properly, I still didnt get any audio. Thats where im at now. Guys plz help me :) 

Specs:
Gigabyte P55A-UD3 Rev 2.0
NZXT GAMMA Case
16GB's of Muskin silverline DDR3 1333Mhz memory
Core i7 870
Gigabyte/Nvidia 9800gt
OCZ ModXStream 500 Watt PSU

Thanks ALOT in advance :) 

More about : fpa p55a ud3

February 16, 2011 6:24:36 PM

First, check if audio devices show up in your device manager and are installed properly; not muted; etc.
There is a chance that the onboard audio got shorted out. But, there is always an add-on audio card hat will work. I would borrow one first to make sure it works fine.
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
February 16, 2011 11:12:09 PM

There should be 4 pins in one row, and 3 pins in the other. Check for bent pins and the like.
I'm surprised that you got audio in the first place. Otherwise you can get a cheap Creative PCI sound card that will be better than your onboard audio anyway.
m
l
!