Colonies with only one Colony on them

I think there should be a change in the host to stop single
colonist/Troop being allowed to setup a base. I mean there should be at
least 100 and they must be able to build a structure i.e. 1 mine or pod
pad or something.

I mean't Colonies with only one Colonist - Yea I can't type :)

All personal and natives are in # of colonist clans / # of native
clans.
100 per colonist clan

The number varies by type of natives, the smaller each indiviual native
weights, the larger the clan.
This is why you can fill a native pod with 400K amorph clans just as
easily as filling a native pod with 400K Insectoid clans

(In addition this also helps explain why the Robot cylon nest can
convert each native clan into 4X bug clans)

min colonist pop such that there is ZPG
50 Million colonist clans = 5 Billion indivudals.

Theres a whole lot of items in planets that the quantiies are greater
than 1 as well. (Basically everything)

hellion

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2004

IMO it's ok to have bases with 1 colo.
i think in WW2 there have been enough small islands with only one or a
few persons on it. this person could control this island and look for
enemys all day and night and with his radio he could inform
headquarters about enemy movements or attacks.
that's the same way i see 1-colonist-bases in VGAP. you can't mine, you
can't use farms and can't sell contra. so you're very limited in the
things you can do on such a base. it's only a small listening post.
so i won't change this. 1-person-bases aren't dangerous but can help
you a little. just like in "real life".

criss

I like 1 colonists bases. They are going to stay in the game.

Tim

For that matter there is a bunch of stuff a base can do without
colonists:

1. Build structures
2. Build fighters and mechs
3. Build ships and ship parts
4. Operate the base scanner
5. Borg only: Assmilate natives inside the base

Think of all colonist numbers to be multiplies by 100 (or 1000).
After all it doesn't make a lot of sense that a base cannot hold more than
50mio colonists, does it?

Lordfire

<Grumfoss@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I mean't Colonies with only one Colonist - Yea I can't type :)

the only problem i see with the 1 man colony is the fact that..

- it can build base structures
- it can build ships (though you still need crew)
- it can build fighter wings (and launch them)

similar to mines and farms.. have a number of colonists needed to run
some base structures..

example
- at least 1 col to us a scanner
- at least 5k to run a ordnance plant
- at least 8k to run a fighter plant

(of course the figures need tweaking but id go for that)
Gabor Törö wrote:
> yes, and annoying in a situation where one member is already blown up
totally but holds a base with a few colonists