Solved

Yet another "Which case should I buy?" thread

I've been racking my brain over which case would suit my needs best. Its for a gaming build and airflow is essential. I've been looking at the Antec Nine Hundred Two V3, LIAN LI Lancool PC-K63, and the COOLER MASTER HAF 922. Preferably, I want a mid size case with usb 3.0 on the front panal, great airflow, great cable management, easy to clean air filters, and above all easy to work with. A buddy of mine has the Antec 902 and he says trying to swap out/work with his hard drives are a real pain and its not worth getting. Another problem with a lot of other cases I've been looking at is that I plan to fit two Radeon HD 6950 GPU in the mobo. Its hard to find an exact length of these but I believe they are 10.8 inches each. Also, I'm a sucker for the fancy blue LED's and a clear window. Do you guys have any recommendations on a great case that will fit these GPU's without having to remove any drive bays? I have a budget of about 150, and if you know of any cases other than the ones I listed, please let me know!

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: If removing some drive bays will give space for the GPU, then its fine. I have two HDD that will go in the machine now and later on I will put in a SSD.
16 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about which case thread
  1. lianli i think you might have to sacrifice a hdd mount.
  2. Well that sucks, although I could get by with two hdd in the machine.
  3. Maximum video card size: 16"/406mm
    http://www.ebuyer.com/product/245777
    antec
  4. the cooler master 922 you have a maximum length of 31cm of gpu space.
  5. ghnader hsmithot said:
    Maximum video card size: 16"/406mm
    http://www.ebuyer.com/product/245777
    antec

I've seen that for most of the cases I've looked at, I'm just not sure how many mounts I would need to remove, or if the GPU would get in the way of the front fans.
  6. in another website i get the maximum gpu length of antec to be 26cm.
    For me however i think only lian li might not fit.
    The reference card is 31cm.Not sure about what the other manufacturers cards.
  7. I dont have the cases.I just been searching up sites.
    You could post antec or lian li an email to confirm this for you or wait for the other members.
  8. My only guess is that only the Lian li you might need to lose a hdd mount.
  9. Best answer
    Check out the Corsair 650D. If money is no object then get the Corsair 800D. Defintely plenty of room in it.
  10. Wow I really like that 650D, I can't seem to find how large the internal length is though. Any ideas?
  11. breadhammer said:
    Wow I really like that 650D, I can't seem to find how large the internal length is though. Any ideas?

It'll easily fit a 6950.. But isn't it over your budget..!! In case you are little flexible with the budget and are comfortable enough to extend it upto 200$ then you get few more options namely Silverstone Raven RV03, Lian Li PC A70f and the CoolerMaster HAF-X..
  12. Never mind, I found it and my gpu fits, so I just bought it :)
    Thanks for all the help guys, and zulfadhli, thanks for answering my thread so fast!
  13. Emperus said:
    It'll easily fit a 6950.. But isn't it over your budget..!! In case you are little flexible with the budget and are comfortable enough to extend it upto 200$ then you get few more options namely Silverstone Raven RV03, Lian Li PC A70f and the CoolerMaster HAF-X..

I almost like the Silverstone better, except that from what I read the internal length with out moving any HDD support is 10 inches, about an inch shorter than what I want.
  14. Best answer selected by BreadHammer.
  15. breadhammer said:
    I almost like the Silverstone better, except that from what I read the internal length with out moving any HDD support is 10 inches, about an inch shorter than what I want.

Talking about the RV02..!! It has a 304mm clearance for video card.. In other words, cards upto 12" long can easily be fit.. The RV03 can fit longer cards..
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Cases Components Product