Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

I swap my core2duo 2.93ghz e7500 to core2quad 2.5ghz q8300

Last response: in CPUs
Share
May 6, 2011 8:38:46 AM

a very good day to all !!!!!!!!!!
i have a question regarding my new swap cpu... i swap my core2duo 2.93ghz to core2quad 2.5ghz ... my question is... am i wrong?
my friend bought it.. and said i assemble his new pc.. coz he saw my rig win7ulti.. and the price to assemble it is his proc to my proc. so i done it.. but i saw the difference when i put the quadcore q8300... my play in nba 2k11 not laggy at all... is that from the old processor difference? is my rig conflict to the new processor q8300? my last question is can i overclock it? the core2 quad 2.5 ghz q8300?

here is my rig...

cooler master hyper 212 plus cpu fan
cougar cmx 700watts 80plus bronze
gigabyte g41m-es2l
corsair 800fsb xms ddr2 4gb (2gbx2)
1tb seagate

May 6, 2011 9:35:13 AM

Take a breath, re-write your question so that it is understandable.
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
May 6, 2011 9:48:29 AM

you only gave us one model.The q8300 what about the other model?
m
0
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
a c 112 à CPUs
May 6, 2011 10:29:23 AM

the cpu is fully supported on your motherboard so you will have no problem if you swap them out. just make sure when you first boot the system, you go into bios and load optimized defaults.
m
0
l
a c 81 à CPUs
May 6, 2011 10:55:06 AM

You need to overclock your current Q8300.. I am not sure if it is an upgrade over your previous E7500 in gaming terms.. The current lag that you notice in NBA is due to the lower clock speed of the current processor compared to what you previously owned.. Btw, you forgot to put your video card in the rig details..
m
0
l
a c 82 à CPUs
May 6, 2011 11:49:00 AM

i dont understand you post. but the e7500 would be faster in games that dont take much advantage from more than 2 cores, and the q8300 will have an advantage in games that use 4 cores. http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/87?vs=89 heres a comparison.
m
0
l
May 6, 2011 1:13:38 PM

ghnader hsmithot said:
you only gave us one model.The q8300 what about the other model?

i put already the model.... its core2duo 2.93ghz.. sorry for the grammar and late reply... im at the office that time
m
0
l
May 6, 2011 1:15:15 PM

Emperus said:
You need to overclock your current Q8300.. I am not sure if it is an upgrade over your previous E7500 in gaming terms.. The current lag that you notice in NBA is due to the lower clock speed of the current processor compared to what you previously owned.. Btw, you forgot to put your video card in the rig details..



im sorry for the late reply... my vga card is inno3d GTS450 1GB not oc
m
0
l
May 6, 2011 1:16:03 PM

zanderramirez said:
a very good day to all !!!!!!!!!!
i have a question regarding my new swap cpu... i swap my core2duo 2.93ghz to core2quad 2.5ghz ... my question is... am i wrong?
my friend bought it.. and said i assemble his new pc.. coz he saw my rig win7ulti.. and the price to assemble it is his proc to my proc. so i done it.. but i saw the difference when i put the quadcore q8300... my play in nba 2k11 not laggy at all... is that from the old processor difference? is my rig conflict to the new processor q8300? my last question is can i overclock it? the core2 quad 2.5 ghz q8300?

here is my rig...

cooler master hyper 212 plus cpu fan
cougar cmx 700watts 80plus bronze
gigabyte g41m-es2l
corsair 800fsb xms ddr2 4gb (2gbx2)
1tb seagate

inno3d GTS450 1GB not O.C.
m
0
l
!