Your question

HD 5670 core and memory clock is low

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • HD
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics Cards
December 7, 2010 5:48:32 PM

hi I bough HD 5670 Asus 1GB card. I rode the back of the box and it said 450 wats required and I have 350w. Many say it's enough because the card dosen't use all the 400w of your psu. 14w when it's idle.

So I downloaded the TechPowerUp GPU-Z 0.4.8 and I got only 157.0 MHz core and only 300 MHz memory clock. I was very sad when I saw this and my games didn't run as well as it should. I got 25~ fps in the CoD: Modern Warfare 1 on medium settings *sadness*

So I tried to overclock it on ATIOverdrive but when I apply it goes to the same MHz as before. I don't know what's the problem. Also on the box says : 2 GB Of ram for excellent card performance. I have 2 GB but my computer is fcked up and only reads my 2x512mb corsair DDR2 667 128-bits and dosen't read my 1 GB Apacer DDR2 667 64-bits.Last two weeks everything was fine with the RAM. I had 2 GB writed down in my computer properties and now my computer is slower than before with my 1 gb of ram and my games run slow too.
My friend said that the card should get higher temperature to get working. But my card is idle all the time.

what's the deal? psu or ram?

More about : 5670 core memory clock low

a c 170 U Graphics card
December 8, 2010 6:41:05 AM

Hello and welcome to the forums
Well your card should run at 157/300 at idle,so that's normal.
Open GPU-Z > Sensor's tab,then play a game for 10-15 minutes, minimize the game(don't quit),and check the clocks.It should be 775/1000.
December 8, 2010 9:05:33 AM

thanks. buy my card is still running slow. should i get more ram?
Related resources
a c 170 U Graphics card
December 8, 2010 2:25:18 PM

Upgrading to 4GB will give you a good boost in performance
What CPU are you using ?
December 8, 2010 6:30:50 PM

i have AMD Athlon x64 1 core only -.- 3500.
also when i installed the card when i turn on my computer i got 6-7 restarts and then the beep noice of computer starting and everything is normal. btw I checked the memory and core clocks when I'm in game and it's like u told i got 775 mhz core and 1000 mhz memory clock :D 
maybe you know whats the problem with my ram? My pc dosen't read it. When i turn on my computer it says DDR2 AT DIMM 1 2 4
If i add to the 3-rd slot i got long beeping noises and my computer dosen't start. Should i replace the ram or is the 3-rd slot broken?
a c 170 U Graphics card
December 8, 2010 8:11:27 PM

The 3rd slot could be faulty,can you test the RAM in another system ?
December 9, 2010 11:45:32 AM

3rd slot is broken i think
I downloaded CPU-Z and It showed me : 2048 MB detected, but in my computer says 1 GB.
Here's the picture

Maybe it's the problem that the computer should read DDR2 at 1 2 3 and then 4 in number and not in 1 2 4?
a c 170 U Graphics card
December 9, 2010 11:53:54 AM

What's your BIOS reporting ? 1GB or 2GB?
December 9, 2010 6:13:12 PM

Maziar said:
What's your BIOS reporting ? 1GB or 2GB?

how to check it? the program says i got 2 gb of ram. when im turning on my computer : DDR2 at DIMM 1 2 4. How to check in bios? i don't understand bios very good :|
a c 170 U Graphics card
December 10, 2010 8:40:22 AM

Press "Del" when you start your computer and it goes to the BIOS.
You can find your CPU speed and total amount of RAM there.
December 10, 2010 11:21:42 AM

Maziar said:
Press "Del" when you start your computer and it goes to the BIOS.
You can find your CPU speed and total amount of RAM there.

When I go to BIOS there's several things.
Standard CMOS Features
Advanced BIOS Features
Integrated Peripherals
Power Management Setup
PnP/PCI Configurations
PC Health Status
MB Intelligent Tweaker (M.I.T.)
I checked them all and nor do CMOS features or BIOS features showed the Detected RAM
I'll gonna download more programs. If they say 2024 MB Ram detected then it's true.
Should I contact my friend for a computer repair? He repairs computer or checks and tells what's wrong. Or You can help me to solve this problem by myself?
December 10, 2010 11:37:33 AM

Didn't found any memory checking program, so I went to System Information.
I got 2,048,000 MB detected. So it's saying 2 GB installed :D 
But my computer shows 1 GB and in Task Manager says that I have 1048048 KB detected. Previously when everything was normal I had 2058048~ which is 2 GB.
Hope that's good information :|
Pic. from System Information
http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/9390/image1ko.png
a b U Graphics card
December 10, 2010 12:35:02 PM

You have your 2GB memory properly installed and your video card's a 1GB one but look at your total virtual memory(which deals with graphics),you see its also written 2GB-this is because 1GB from your total memory is being shared with your graphics memory so in many areas you will find your actual system memory showing only 1GB(2GBtotal-1GBto graphics) memory, its quite natural.

About GPU-Z go to the sensors area click on those clock numbers and select max,don't close the window;run videos n games n watevr thn return to GPU-Z,if u still don't find proper clock speeds thn it must b sumthn wrng with your drivers,reinstall them,get the latest ones.
December 10, 2010 2:55:40 PM

Anik8 said:
You have your 2GB memory properly installed and your video card's a 1GB one but look at your total virtual memory(which deals with graphics),you see its also written 2GB-this is because 1GB from your total memory is being shared with your graphics memory so in many areas you will find your actual system memory showing only 1GB(2GBtotal-1GBto graphics) memory, its quite natural.

About GPU-Z go to the sensors area click on those clock numbers and select max,don't close the window;run videos n games n watevr thn return to GPU-Z,if u still don't find proper clock speeds thn it must b sumthn wrng with your drivers,reinstall them,get the latest ones.

SO if a game requires 2 GB of RAM that means I can run it cuz i got 2 gb of ram right?
If i install again 1 GB of ram there should be 3 GB but it will be 2 because video card took one? :|
I'll try to install my old graphics card with has 128mb memory. And I will see how much RAM I got then. 2 GB or 1 GB.
a b U Graphics card
December 11, 2010 2:41:44 PM

1)surely you can run games that require 2gb of ram with ur current setup
2)definitely
3)If you install a graphics card of 128mb then it will draw only(128x2=256-128=128mb) more memory from main memory.You can also manually alter the ratio by altering the amount of memory allotted for Paging file.Best way to go will be keeping the page file memory a little above the recommended figure and rest for system.
December 11, 2010 5:33:40 PM

Anik8 said:
1)surely you can run games that require 2gb of ram with ur current setup
2)definitely
3)If you install a graphics card of 128mb then it will draw only(128x2=256-128=128mb) more memory from main memory.You can also manually alter the ratio by altering the amount of memory allotted for Paging file.Best way to go will be keeping the page file memory a little above the recommended figure and rest for system.

right im buying 2x2GB of ram so it will be 4 GB + i'll leave my 1 GB Apacer in the 4th slot and remove my two 512mb and replace them with 2x2gb. so i will have 5 GB but 1 GB will be taken by graphics card. So i'm running perfect on 4 GB of ram ? :D 
another question : should i replace my processor?
Full direct name of processor from MY computer properties
AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor +3500
So my processor is without Duo or Quad cores.
My mate here got amd athlon x64 x2 cores.
Also my friend says that my computer could have a problem with processor because my computer is old and it won't support AMD Phenom x4 or smth like that.
Everything that is on my motherboard box
Gigabyte SSeries motherboards and it supports AMD Socket
I got AMD 64 athlon and athlon x2 logos on the box and vista ready too.
It has Dual-ch DDR2 800 support , SATA 3GB/s , IEEE 1394 , RoHS Compllant and a Gigabit Lan
Full name of the motherboard is GIGABYTE M55S-S3
My current processor link http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/K8/AMD-Athlon%2064%203500...
and the page says i can't install AMD Phenom II X4.
Because it's not supported.
Can u offer me a processor to run games that is very common nowadays?
I'm looking for a processor that would cost about 80 to 120 $
a b U Graphics card
December 12, 2010 6:14:16 AM

^Your motherboard will support only phenom x3(fastest one-2.4Ghz) and athlon x2 cpus so I think you should save your money now and spend later on a 3Ghz processor along with a new motherboard.
December 12, 2010 8:57:14 AM

Anik8 said:
^Your motherboard will support only phenom x3(fastest one-2.4Ghz) and athlon x2 cpus so I think you should save your money now and spend later on a 3Ghz processor along with a new motherboard.

another problem i have : when i installed the new hd 5670 card, everytime i turn on my computer it keeps restarting 6-7 times and then it turns on normaly when i hear the 1 beep sound. I re-installed my old card and this problem was solved until i installed the new 5670 again.
maybe u know what's the problem?
a b U Graphics card
December 12, 2010 3:54:12 PM

happened to me too when my old PSU ws failin to perform.It ws solved aftr upgrades.If your psu is a generic one or non branded or of some company that cannot be trusted then they often don't supply the power they say they do and that leads to many problems
December 12, 2010 5:37:56 PM

Anik8 said:
happened to me too when my old PSU ws failin to perform.It ws solved aftr upgrades.If your psu is a generic one or non branded or of some company that cannot be trusted then they often don't supply the power they say they do and that leads to many problems

psu problem eh?
damn i need to buy a new pc better.i
i will call my repair man so i'll tell him the problems and he should suggest me what to do and how much will it cost to find , buy and replace cpu , and also will ask about graphics card problem that my computer restarts. does it really do with psu.
RAM. I will buy ram by myself because i already bough Apacer 1 GB from a friend for 15$.
Now thread closed.