Nikon D100 problem

Last response: in Digital Camera
Share
January 31, 2005 7:33:28 PM

The mirror on my D100 is playing up. On any shutter speed you can hear
it is open for about a second and the shot is taken on mirror close.
Just like its set for rear curtain flash but its not. The pic is OK and
correct shutter is used but why is the morror up for so long??

More about : nikon d100 problem

Anonymous
January 31, 2005 10:04:17 PM

<jason@barkproductions.biz>

> The mirror on my D100 is playing up. On any shutter speed you can hear
> it is open for about a second and the shot is taken on mirror close.
> Just like its set for rear curtain flash but its not. The pic is OK and
> correct shutter is used but why is the morror up for so long??

I'll bet you set the 'anti-vibration' option to on. It flips up the mirror
and waits a second or two to release the shutter.
Anonymous
February 1, 2005 1:02:48 PM

<jason@barkproductions.biz> wrote in message
> The mirror on my D100 is playing up. On any shutter speed you can hear
> it is open for about a second and the shot is taken on mirror close.
> Just like its set for rear curtain flash but its not. The pic is OK and
> correct shutter is used but why is the morror up for so long??

It sounds as though you've got either a 2 second self timer or a
poor-man's-mirror-lockup function engaged.

David J. Littleboy
Tokyo, Japan
February 1, 2005 7:11:56 PM

Archived from jason@barkproductions.biz on 31 Jan 2005 16:33:28 -0800:

>The mirror on my D100 is playing up. On any shutter speed you can hear
>it is open for about a second and the shot is taken on mirror close.
>Just like its set for rear curtain flash but its not. The pic is OK and
>correct shutter is used but why is the morror up for so long??

Check CSM Menu #24 (IIRC) "Anti-Shock" Set it to Off.

vm
October 14, 2010 8:21:32 PM

You guys are awesome. Thank you very much for the info. Thank you!
!