GTX 470 SLI

yogman

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2010
Hello!

When I got some more money, I am planning on adding another GTX 470 to my system, but...

Right now I have a Dual fan GTX 470 from palit, Is there a better higher preforming GTX 470 that i can run SLI with my plait card?

Also, I know palit does most all custom coolers - PCB's so could I even run a different GTX 470 in SLI with my palit card?

PLEASE REPLY!!!

Solution

Both are fine,you can't go wrong with either

yogman

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2010

Ok, so is there a card from a different manufacturer you would recommend over another palit?

yogman

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2010

But, so would you suggest me just getting another Palit 2 fan GTX 470? Or a (for example) EVGA GTX 470?

The issue I would consider is the type of cooler, whether it vents exhaust heat outside your case, or, like the Palit, exhausts heat inside the case. You would have the best idea if your current case airflow is sufficient to prevent too much heat inside your case. A card that vents heat outside the case would be better for the lower slot, as it will be less likely to cause the upper card to heat up. If your case temperatures and card temperatures are good with your current setup, maybe a second card that vents exhaust externally is not necessary.