Asus P8Z68-V LX - AAAAAUUUUUGGGGHHHHHH!!

meixo066

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2012
My components (get these out of the way first);

Intel Core i5 2500K
Asus P8Z68-V LX
SST 600W ST60-EF PSU
8Gb (2x4Gb) Corsair Vengeance LP, DDR3
2GB XFX HD6950 XXX SingleFan

Here we go, Basically I decided i was going to build a PC as laptop's getting on now (first PC build i may add) and it's been one big mind f#%k, i got all the bits separate but in one big go as to 'learn the method'.

My problem is when put all the pieces together the PC wouldn't boot. I'd get the power button lights on and a quick beep but nothing will load on the monitor (which is actually my TV run though motherboards HDMI), when i unplug the graphics card the thing works, it loads and i can play game on low detail etc. So naturally i assume either graphics card or PSU, I put in another card (little old 512mb thing) and the think still won't boot. So then i try a 750w PSU with the card and i get the same problem.

I've been looking around on some forums and a lot of people have been mentioning stuff about MOBO but i wasn't sure if that applied to my situation. Also something about cmos jumper but after much googling i can't find this button.

Please explain in laymans terms as i'm new to this, thanks for you help :D

dkm2

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2012

Do you have the latest drivers installed for your video card?? Or everything for that matter.

nail77

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2012
Hi I got the same motherboard but theHDMI port on the motherboard doesnt work. im trying to install the iGPUgraphic buitthey fail and i boot on safe mode and recovery and back to the previous setting.

is there a particular setup i can do?i;ve tried everything.....

@dkm2 ---What latest drivers??? He can't boot when he has the GPU in......DUH!!

@nail77---Quit thread jacking, post your problem as a new question.

@OP:

Disconnect that TV firstly. Attach a standard VGA/DVI monitor to the Onborad IGP.
Boot into the BIOS. Change the Display settings to PCIe First and then the rest.
Save & Exit.
Shutdown rig.
Insert the GPU XFX HD6950.
Connect the PCIe Power to it (2 x 6 Pin)
Connect the monitor to the DVI port on it.
Boot up the rig.
See if it comes on.

"I've been looking around on some forums and a lot of people have been mentioning stuff about MOBO but i wasn't sure if that applied to my situation. Also something about cmos jumper but after much googling i can't find this button. "

To clarify, Mobo was for Motherboard. And to clear the CMOS, all you need to do is remove that button cell on the mobo for about a minute when the rig is completely off.
Then reinsert it, and when you start up the rig, the BIOS/CMOS would have been returned to their original default settings.

Also make sure that the 8 Pin ATX 12V Power is connected on the Mobo.

Get rid of the motherboard, replace it with Gigabyte or Intel.
You are experiencing the typical asus aggravation. Don't pull your hair out, get another board and it will work fine.
You can load drivers, and do all kinds of goofing around, but if you would rather USE your computer, avoid asus.

TRENDING THREADS