$600 Budget Gaming Rig

Xerock

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2011
Hello, Everyone!

I am looking to build a Gaming Rig but could use some help because I don't really know too much about the insides of a computer =/.

Approximate Purchase Date: This weekend

Budget Range: $600 Before rebates [Will have a little extra in case of shipping costs]

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming is my main priority. Other than that, I just watch a few youtube videos from time to time and check my e-mail of course.

Parts Not Required: Keyboard, mouse, monitor

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: I have no preference. Doesn't matter to me what site the parts come from as long as they work.

Country of Origin: USA. Ohio to be more specific.

Parts Preferences: No preference again.

Overclocking: Not too sure how to do it, so it's between No and Maybe.

SLI or Crossfire: Not entirely sure what this is....so No or Maybe.

Monitor Resolution: 1024x768

Additional Comments: Also need to factor in an OS sadly....there goes $100 already >.>

Edit: I would also like to add that I don't really stick to one game. I switch it up quite a bit. I usually go for F2P games because I have Xbox LIVE and spend more time gaming on there than anything so I don't feel like paying to play games on both my computer and xbox.

I would like to thank you before hand for any and all help. I really can't wait to get my computer built and running!

-Xerock

Solution
Items off Egg $323AR
Untitled-1107.jpg

OS $100
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832116754

965BE +Biostar A780L3G $160
http://www.microcenter.com/specials/promotions/AMDbundlePROMO.html

$583AR

Xerock

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2011
Wow. Thank you very much!

Edit: The place that I would have to pick up the CPU and MOBO is around 3 hrs away....is there a different place I could get them from?

-Xerock

xerxces

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2010
I spent about 650 and got a AMD 955 BE, 4GB Tarcer Ballisitx, Biostar 890 FXE, Azza 850w PSU, Nzxt Mid Tower, sapphire 5750, and an extra fan. I am happy with it. I can run BO at about 110fps.

Xerock

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2011
I made my purchase this morning and will have the parts by the weekend. I can't wait! I'm currently running on an Intel Celeron 430 @ 1.80 GHz and an Intel 82945G Express Chipset Family =/. So this is going to be a HUGE upgrade xD

-Xerock

Xerock

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2011
One more quick question, if I decide later to upgrade the video card [when I have the money], what is the max video card that this MOBO can handle? Also, would I have to upgrade PSU along with it?

-Xerock