jeep92

Distinguished
May 6, 2011
I want to change my processor so I can stream HD movies and video, any help would be appreciated. I need at least 3.0 GHz processor. I dont want to spend more than 150 if that is possible.

Current specs: HP a6040n desktop
Core2 Duo E632 (c) DC 1.86 GHz
Socket: 775
Chipset: 945G

Mother Board
Manfacturer: Asus
Motherboard Name: P5LP-LE
HP/ Compaq motherboard name: Leonite-GL8E

List full system specs, as RIP stated, CPU is only part of what affects movie play-back. Video card, RAM would be the main ones aside from that, as well as your network speeds.

You have a dual core Intel chip, that will run HD fine. You'd only need a 3gig CPU if you were talking about a Pentium 4, and even that is not needed. I run HD fine on my T43 laptop which has a 1.8 Pentium M chip with 1.5 gig of RAM.

What you probably need is a new video card.

jeep92

Distinguished
May 6, 2011
Hang-the -9 thanks for your response, I have 4gb's of ram 320gb harddrive, intergrated graphics. Any suggestions on a video card? Thanks for your help.

I don't have much knowledge with streaming but I guess the 945G video chipset is not HD capable.. Getting a discrete video card will help immensely.. Even a low end video card such as the Radeon HD 5450 will be a nice upgrade.. Your budget can easily fetch you a GTS 450 though..