Window corruption, bits left undrawn or behind

I've been looking for a answer to this but I couldn't begin to form a search right.... try googling windows unstable some time lol, don't get me wrong, win 7 is my jam...

the short story: bits of windows not drawn fully or blank white or black spots. sometimes bits of minimized windows left behind after minimizing.

The long story: I've seen this before when running unstable or high demand programs in the past but this system isn't too shabby with a fresh win7 install, amd x4 940 & gtx 275. I'm hoping nothing is wrong with the video card or anything. it seems to run pretty well, no issues in high power 3d. I even overclocked the ram and cpu and its still stable with without any additional problems and brought performance up in numbers (ran memtest, prime95)

hardware wise the 500w antec was a little underpowered for this setup I admit, It works stable but it put out more heat than I am comfortable with, it never hit OVP which is at 20a (18a rated). I added a additional psu to power all the fans and drives which brought my PSU temps down to a reasonable temperature.

the only corruption I see that's constant is there are L shaped 90 degree white lines bordering the temp readouts on speed fan, I tried reinstalling it and the video drivers. every so often I see the top of a menu bar left behind after I minimize a window such as firefox. sometimes parts of the task bar are blacked out/undrawn such as the clock area after running 3dmark vantage.
1 answer Last reply
More about window corruption bits left undrawn behind
  1. You've installed the latest GPU drivers. It doesn't really sound like artifacts, but you may want to try under-clocking your GPU to see if the same video characteristics remain.
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia Graphics