How to temporary disable Cool and Quiet in windows, and SSD?

chaosgs

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2006
Just bought an 64GB Crucial M4. I got it in the ACHI mode. Since than my FAV game Warcraft III has been lagging (My 5850HD blows it out of the water) and loads slower. I noticed when I turn off Cool and Quiet its back to normal.

1055T AMD
5850HD
8GB ripjaws
2 HDD 500 GB non raided
1 SSD 64GB Crucial
Windows 7 ultimate

Problem 1. I need AMD cool and quiet on because I always leave my PC on during the day (Record remains at 22 days in a row). Can I disable/enable it within windows?

CAN I MODIFY cool and quiet? So it downclocks less? My system is less responsive with this new SSD unless my CPU is going faster. My browser lags slightly until I turn off Cool and Quiet.

Problem 2. Why is my game loading 2 times slower? Used to be 4.5 Secs EXACT on my HDD Which read speed was 125MBs, now my 395MBs SSD loads it in 7.9. Not a biggie but still im like wtf?

Windows loads faster by a pinch, benchmark shows its reading at 395MBs. BFBC2 loads slightly faster than before.

amd cool and quiet has software, you can get it from your motherboard manufacturers site. 1s installed you can use the o.s to control how effective it is with the power options in windows power management.

you may want to play with the minimum cpu setting that will balance the power saving to cpu usage.