Looking to buy an amazing headset

sowexly

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2010
I already have some Razer Megalodons but they aren't the best for music so I'm looking at these and I was wondering if they are the same as these?

Also I don't have a extra nice sound card yet so what type of temporary amp should I get?

Solution

I support this recommendation completely. I own a pair, and they sound excellent straight from a computer, and should provide you with PLENTY of bass but still have powerful mids and highs.

EDIT: The sound isolation is amazing as well. I wear them while vacuuming and barely have to turn up the volume.
My personal favorites, having tried an awful lot of headphones, for anything but totally silent conditions:
http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDR-V6-Monitor-Headphones-Voice/dp/B00001WRSJ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1304779120&sr=1-1
I don't know about a soundproof room, but even with people talking around me I find that these outperform even the most expensive headphones (super-Grados etc). They sound better than almost anything I've tried. Their sound is more realistic than gimmicky; you won't find ridiculous bass or other tricks like that.

Would you like an open back or a closed end headphone..? When it comes to music ( considering all round and not just electronic/trance) and sticking to your price point, my recommendation would be the Audio Technica ATH A700 .. If you like open back headphones then consider the AD700 ..

springhalo

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2011

I support this recommendation completely. I own a pair, and they sound excellent straight from a computer, and should provide you with PLENTY of bass but still have powerful mids and highs.

EDIT: The sound isolation is amazing as well. I wear them while vacuuming and barely have to turn up the volume.

Solution

springhalo

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2011

I'm using a CMoyBB made by JDS labs. Even though they look kinda cheap in an altoids tin, they have AMAZING sound quality for their price. With the bass boost turned on with M50s, your head will explode! Just make sure you have a good dedicated audio controller (like a line-out dock for an ipod) that will give you un-amped audio.

http://www.jdslabs.com/