Step Down Adapters

Last response: in Digital Camera
February 1, 2005 5:16:08 AM

Can someone please tell me where I can buy a set of step down adapters,
size 72mm to 55mm ? I am trying to buy a 2x tele for my Panasonic FZ20,
and It appears that I have to purchase these items. Will someone please
help me out? Steve

--
whitebirch1

More about : step adapters

Anonymous
February 1, 2005 5:16:09 AM

On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 02:16:08 GMT, whitebirch1
<whitebirch1.1jr5yy@WiFi-Forum_dot_com> wrote:

>Can someone please tell me where I can buy a set of step down adapters,
>size 72mm to 55mm ? I am trying to buy a 2x tele for my Panasonic FZ20,
>and It appears that I have to purchase these items. Will someone please
>help me out? Steve

I ordered a step down ring from www.photofilter.com
came in about 3 days.
Anonymous
February 1, 2005 5:16:09 AM

whitebirch1 <whitebirch1.1jr5yy@WiFi-Forum_dot_com> writes:

> Can someone please tell me where I can buy a set of step down adapters,
> size 72mm to 55mm ? I am trying to buy a 2x tele for my Panasonic FZ20,
> and It appears that I have to purchase these items. Will someone please
> help me out? Steve

http://www.2filter.com
http://www.bhphotovideo.com
http://www.adorama.com

However, if you are using the 72mm adaptor on the FZ20, note there are other
adaptors (one to 55mm and one to 62mm if memory serves) that would be better,
since it would give less vignetting. I recall that the alternate adaptors
exist, but since I don't shoot with a FZ20, I don't recall the name. Search
the Panasonic forum of dpreview.com.

--
Michael Meissner
email: mrmnews@the-meissners.org
February 1, 2005 5:16:09 AM

On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 02:16:08 GMT, whitebirch1
<whitebirch1.1jr5yy@WiFi-Forum_dot_com> wrote:
>Can someone please tell me where I can buy a set of step down adapters,
>size 72mm to 55mm ? I am trying to buy a 2x tele for my Panasonic FZ20,
>and It appears that I have to purchase these items. Will someone please
>help me out? Steve

It sounds like you're going after this the wrong way.

FYI:
Here's what I've done with my FZ20;
1st) installed one of these adapters; aluminum, very well made

2nd) bought one of these semi-fish eye lenses, with a step down ring.
http://www.adorama.com/RXMX3000.html?searchinfo=RXMX300...
http://www.adorama.com/FLD6258.html?searchinfo=FLD6258&...

The adapter lets me use 62mm filters and have a lens hood out in front of the
filter, along with letting me attach the fisheye lens. This Raynox is a pretty
decent lens, much better than I expected.
I've also got one of Raynox's 2.2X telephoto lenses coming for the long end.
(it's here)
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=produ...
Anonymous
February 1, 2005 5:16:09 AM

"whitebirch1" <whitebirch1.1jr5yy@WiFi-Forum_dot_com> wrote in message

> Can someone please tell me where I can buy a set of step down adapters,
> size 72mm to 55mm ? I am trying to buy a 2x tele for my Panasonic FZ20,
> and It appears that I have to purchase these items. Will someone please
> help me out? Steve

B&H Photo has a great assortment of step up and step down adaptors. I got
some to use my Nikon filters on my pand s Sony. Worked great. Good Web
site and fast service and shipping.
Anonymous
February 1, 2005 5:16:09 AM

In article <whitebirch1.1jr5yy@WiFi-Forum_dot_com>,
whitebirch1 <whitebirch1.1jr5yy@WiFi-Forum_dot_com> wrote:

> Can someone please tell me where I can buy a set of step down adapters,
> size 72mm to 55mm ? I am trying to buy a 2x tele for my Panasonic FZ20,
> and It appears that I have to purchase these items. Will someone please
> help me out? Steve

Just order a Heliopan slim brass ring from your camera store.

--
To reply no_ HPMarketing Corp.
Anonymous

whitebirch1 wrote:
> Can someone please tell me where I can buy a set of step down adapters,
> size 72mm to 55mm ? I am trying to buy a 2x tele for my Panasonic FZ20,
> and It appears that I have to purchase these items. Will someone please
> help me out? Steve

Try B&H Photo. They have everything.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com
Bob Williams