990fx motherboards which one should I go for

st4rwind

Distinguished
May 10, 2010
I've been looking at motherboards for months on end now and still can't come to a conclusion on which I want. so I'm coming here for some opinions on both boards so I can hopefully make an informed decision.

Asrock EXTREME4 990FX

Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3

now i have a 6950 to move into the board and (I'm getting a bulldozer fx but i'm not here to discuss that). I want the room for another card which i know both cards have. i also need to move over my Xonar ST and the daughter card.

primarily for gaming and film watching. i just don't want to sell myself short on the board really. i know i could spend more money but these 2 have nice layouts on the pcie's compared with most of the more expensive ones.

so guys and gals fire away.

I'd go with GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 AM3+ AMD 990FX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD

Price: $149.99 Great board!

The AM3+ socket is powered by an 8+2 phase VRM. The board is constructed according to the UltraDurable 3 Classic specifications, with 2 oz copper-layer PCB, 50,000+ hours capacitor durability, and DualBIOS.

The socket is wired to four DDR3 DIMM slots supporting dual-channel DDR3-2000 MHz memory with overclocking.

http://www.amazon.com/GIGABYTE-GA-990FXA-UD3-990FX-SATA-Motherboard/dp/B0055QYKQO

61HqP7rb6SL._AA300_.jpg

TRENDING THREADS