Tried to Flash Bios, now pc wont boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrostEel

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2011
So for some stupid reason, I tried to flash my BIOS to a new version in AI SUITE, and for another some stupid reason shut off my computer in the middle of it. Now when I turn on my pc, it gives two beeps, then pauses and gives a beep maybe 20 seconds after that. Everything starts, the screen turns on, but it is only black, so my chat is detected.

And ASUS support sucks, they said its something wrong with the fx series and their motherboards together

ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX
AMD FX 6100
G.SKILL 16 GB RAM (4X4)
WINDOWS 7 64 BIT
GALAXY GTX 570 1.2GB

So any suggestions?

Solution
D
The number one rule of updating BIOS is do not turn off the device you are updating.

The 6100 is a new CPU so a BIOS update was probably a good idea. Maybe even necessary since the board needs v0813 of the BIOS to officially support the chip.

The really bad news is you probably killed your motherboard by doing this. Try clearing CMOS and you may get lucky, but I doubt it.
Why would you turn off the computer in the middle of a bios update??

Why would you update the bios on a brand new AM3+ motherboard???

And now your blaming AMD and FX cpu's....lol.....good luck.

I've been building PC's for myself, family and friends since 1997, and I have never updated a bios. Never had a reason too. You only update the bios if there is a reason to, like new cpu support or a specific issue.

D

Deleted member 217926

The number one rule of updating BIOS is do not turn off the device you are updating.

The 6100 is a new CPU so a BIOS update was probably a good idea. Maybe even necessary since the board needs v0813 of the BIOS to officially support the chip.

The really bad news is you probably killed your motherboard by doing this. Try clearing CMOS and you may get lucky, but I doubt it.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS