Screen contrast

Tags:
Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
Share
March 17, 2005 5:05:54 AM

My old laptop had brightness and contrast control. This new one only has
brightness control. Is there a app that can increase contrast and even color
saturation?

Thanks
Bob

More about : screen contrast

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
March 17, 2005 5:05:55 AM

Bob wrote:
> My old laptop had brightness and contrast control. This new one only
> has brightness control. Is there a app that can increase contrast and
> even color saturation?
>
> Thanks
> Bob

Are you looking in the display adapter properties? There is typically a
tab "color" or "gamma" that does this adjustment. What is the laptop?

a b D Laptop
March 17, 2005 6:32:01 PM

No, and it's not necessary. The old laptop was a DSTN screen (dual
scan), and the control that you call contrast really wasn't a contrast
control but rather a control for the scanning circuits that allowed you
to adjust them to achieve the best possible contrast -- which may have
been something like 50:1.

Your new screen is "active matrix" or "TFT" (thin film transistor) and
doesn't scan. It's contrast is always optimized, and the contrast ratio
is something between 250:1 and 800:1.

Bob wrote:

> My old laptop had brightness and contrast control. This new one only has
> brightness control. Is there a app that can increase contrast and even color
> saturation?
>
> Thanks
> Bob

March 18, 2005 3:06:02 AM