Does my PSU meet the requirement for GTX 470?

Bydyn

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2010
Guys I want to ask you... is there any solution for me...

my evga gtx470 just bought 2 months ago... I've got problem...

My monitor turns black screen and hang. and I should hard reset my computer. All my tower light is on... and the fans are still working but I can't operate anything even my keyboard is not functional. I've never oced my hardware not even a hardware, I have tried to reinstall my OS, driver, clean installing driver... nothing works

it only happens in 2d mode and work... such as Browsing, watching videos, YM, winamp....

don't know how to fix it... any solution for me? or should I RMA my card?

my specs is:

AMD Phenom 4x 9950
ECS A790GXM-A
APOGEE PC7300 2 x 2gb
AOPEN Prima power AO700-12ALN 700watt

plz help me... if you know the solution tq

I took a quick look and only found something like 15amps per rail ( 4 ). The first thing I would do is swap out cables. You may be drawing too much from "one"....... It's also not a very good one from the little bit I read. Scrimping in the PS area isn't a good thing especially when your putting in a higher end energy grubbing card like that. Those cards also get HOT. Try running with the case side off and/or running with a house fan blowing on it. The cards fan may not be running "fast" enough while the card is at idle ( surfing, etc. ) Try raising the fan speed ( manually ) to a steady clip and see what happens.

Bydyn

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2010
I live at country side so... I mean... It's hard to find someone that has system that will run my specs :((

swap cable have been done... ~~ I don't really understand about the 15amps per rail (4) <=== don't how to get that.... is there any practice there?
Scrimping? I've never done that... ~~
I don't thing that my card run too hot... because when idle my card temp is 40 - 50c and when load 70c - 90c I mean many people got that with the preference heat sink and it's normal temp for GTX 470... my case temp is on 40c or something.. never got more than 40c... ~~

Bydyn

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2010
Hello do you know how to fix GTX 470 blackscreen in 2d mode issue guys?

my specs:
Phenom x4 9950BE
A790GXM-A
AOPEN Prima power AO700-12ALN

what about my PSU? does it meet the requirement

vada

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2010
tell me how many 6-pin pci-e power connectors does it have?? form the pics on google they dont... but you do have a lot of ide connectors if any of your hdds use the ides make them use the pheripherl connectors for them and then buy 2 ide - pci-e 6pin converters .. and 700 watts is good enough.. just make sure you have the pci-e pwr connectors and i would exactly recommend using converters thouh if you dont have the connectors get a new pwr supply...

Bydyn

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2010

it has 2 x 6pin PCI-E Power connector :)
.... most of people I asked... said that my power supply lacks of power... ~~ really got confuse... and they said it triggers the Blackscreen ~~

Bydyn

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2010
I sent it to the vendor.... and they sent it back to me without replacement... they said no issue was founded... so... how could I RMA the card? I have tried to run the fun mark... everything is fine ... ~~ no error ... it runs smoothly

As I've posted above "A reference GTX 470 will draw a maximum of 18 Amps from the +12 Volt rail(s)."

Your AOPEN Prima Power AO700-12ALN provides 15 Amps on each of the four +12 Volt rails. Of course the AOPEN Prima Power AO700-12ALN is sufficient to run the GTX 470.

Bydyn

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2010
so the blackscreen is caused by it?? and what PSU should I change? ~~ the issue only happens when I'm browsing and do such 2d application... not in playing game or 3d...

Bydyn

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2010
i've already.... installed ... ~~ 260.99

don't know... as long as I have experienced the blackscreen only occurs on 2d mode... from browsing to watching videos... or even on desktop without doing anything... never have one while playing games

Bydyn

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2010
Everything is fine... even I've furmark without any problem... it only happens while running on 2d application / desktop...

installing newer driver... even roll it back to the older...

I'm using win7 64bit ultimate..

tried to disable, uninstall the HD audio driver... even uninstall realtek sound driver.. and use windows sound driver... ~~ then change the older version of network driver... (some people say it may be an IRC conflict... but nothing is fixed ~~

BTW thanks for answering... and trying to help me :)) btw maybe do you have a friends who have solved this issue?

vada

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2010
he said that the screen goes black when hes doiing stuff like browsing... so i can blame the mobo borrow 1 of your friends and try it out and try getting the vista drivers for the card it worked for me

Bydyn

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2010
@malmental: Let me make it clear... ~~ I mean... when I'm working in 2d mode... such as browsing, watching video (avi, mp4, etc), YM, mp3 (winamp, etc) or even just idle on desktop... I will get random blackscreen, when the screen goes black I can't interact with my computer... and I should hard reboot... (it's really at random states it can be twice a day, once a week, or even twice a week...) but it never happens when I am playing game such as Crysis, DMC4, etc ... don't know about 2d games because I don't play any or even have any game house...

The truth it never happens (the blackscreen) when it is on heavy load

vada

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2010
my comp will hang up if i leave it alone for a while.... (whan it was running vista)
came back to xp 1st time i boot it up any day i gat a bosd if im doing sumtin or not doin sumtin 2 nd time i boot it up its an angel!!! but if i load my comp with gaming then i never get the bosd.... i changed my mobo and all is well