Sign in with
Your question

Windows wont open, my first build Help (Solved)

Last response: in Windows 7
November 24, 2011 7:26:44 PM

Just compleated my first build and installed windows 7 onto the the hhd so that I could do a firmware update on the 120 gb force gt SSD I have. I then couldn't figure out how to install windows on the SSD so I could formate the HHD. I tried to just unplug the HHD but when I booted up I just got an error message that said to insert the DVD and repair. I then plugged the HHD back in and went back into windows and tried to install via the DVD drive with no success. I then tried to reinstall through windows help and that just reinstalled it to the HHD. But now when I boot up my pc it doesn't open up windows it goes straight to "Windows is attempting to fix the problem" screen and there is no way to open up windows normally. Also I had originally installed Windows on the HDD with the SSD connected, not sure if that matters.

I need some help. Thanks
November 24, 2011 7:49:47 PM

What happens if you just let it sit there and try to fix the problem?
m
l
November 24, 2011 7:56:56 PM

I doesn't fix the problem, and then gives me the option to shut the computer down or restart the computer. When I restart it the same problem happens. There is also an advanced options list where it will let you go back to a previous back up in windows. But I dont have a backup because I just installed windows today. Is there a way to wipe the HHD and just start over from scratch and reinstall windows?
m
l
Related resources
November 24, 2011 7:57:22 PM

Just install the ssd. Select it as your drive in the bios. Install windows. Then reboot, Attach the HDD, format it.

You can update the SSD firmware with windows on it. It wont cause any problem.
m
l
November 24, 2011 8:30:30 PM

slaps26 said:
Just compleated my first build and installed windows 7 onto the the hhd so that I could do a firmware update on the 120 gb force gt SSD I have. I then couldn't figure out how to install windows on the SSD so I could formate the HHD. I tried to just unplug the HHD but when I booted up I just got an error message that said to insert the DVD and repair. I then plugged the HHD back in and went back into windows and tried to install via the DVD drive with no success. I then tried to reinstall through windows help and that just reinstalled it to the HHD. But now when I boot up my pc it doesn't open up windows it goes straight to "Windows is attempting to fix the problem" screen and there is no way to open up windows normally

I need some help. Thanks

Disconnect HDD, connect SSD, install Win 7 onto SSD and reconnect HDD and format.
m
l
November 25, 2011 12:25:37 AM

disconnected the HDD and had the SSD connected, and it goes to a "windows boot manager" and tells me to insert the install disk, reboot, and click repair. when I reboot with the install disk in it takes me to the same screen. I originally installed windows on the HDD with the SSD connected could that be the problem??? Any ideas on a solution?? Thanks
m
l
November 25, 2011 2:17:00 AM

The problem was the boot sequence. I had the HDD in the primary instead of the DVD drive. Switched it in the BOIS and installed windows
m
l
!