Dell monitor repair

obehave

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2011
now, when I boot up, my Dell 17" flat screen monitor,it stays black and the monitor power button blinks green (usually, that button is orange then goes solid green after boot up.

try leaving the monitor off while you boot windows. 1s your sure windows has started turn the monitor on.
if it comes on then you have a power brick problem in the monitor which isnt that hard to get repaired. it will cost you about 20 pounds to get it repaired
if it remains off and goes into standby then its the power circuit (capasiters and the likes) again not very hard to repair but will cost about 30 pounds for the repair. or you can send it back to dell if its less than 3 years old. as dell offer at least a 3 year warenty on most of there monitors.

ghnader hsmithot

Distinguished

Come HEX you know it aint the monitor.His system wont boot.

his system wont boot??? he never said that. he said when he boots his pc his monitor doesn't come on.
so with that i assume his system is booting normally just the monitor isnt working.

if he has external speakers and the rest of the pc is working normally he will hear the windows start tune 30 seconds after that he should try to turn the monitor on.

if he turns the monitor on. then as soon as he turns the pc on the monitor immediately goes to standby it means his cpu is dead but reading his post thats not what is happening.

TRENDING THREADS